Turn on thread page Beta

How many words is 5000 characters?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    roughly speaking

Thank You! Xxxx

ReputationRep:
    How long is a word? If it is around 5-6 characters, you are looking at less than 1000 words. Do the maths. It isn't rocket science.

ReputationRep:
    I actually did do the maths but wanted some clarification since other internet pages had some messed up answers but thanks for replying x

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Are you writing something where you are expected to use complicated words? In that case probably about 850 words. If you're writing something in normal language (most of the time this is better) then it'd be closer to about 1000 words.

ReputationRep:
    You may excel in math, but not grammar

(Original post by ByEeek)
    How long is a word? If it is around 5-6 characters, you are looking at less than 1000 words. Do the maths. It isn't rocket science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why? I am happy to be corrected but bear in mind this is an informal forum. Where did I fall down?

ReputationRep:
    About 50,000
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by weeeeeeee)
    Maths

(Original post by Anonymous)
    And you don't excel in being anonymous.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.