The Student Room Group

compelling personal reason. Urgent Help

I have applied for sfe 2017/18 year, This year I would been in my final year of the course computer system engineering at London met but I couldn’t because Of not having enough credits to go final (90 credits minimum) and I had 75 credits ,for this I had to re do the 2 modules I failed meaning repeating year 2 again. So then I applied to sfe and found out they are not paying the tuition fee this year due already used my third sfe for 2016/17.

However, the reason why sfe not paying this year is :
2014/15 in other uni for year 1
2015/16 in London met repeating first year
2016/17 in London met second year
2017/16 in London met repeating second year

As you know sfe pays for 3 years (course length) and gift year (1)= 4years

Sfe said they wouldn’t pay for this year tuition fee but will pay for final year and suggested I should write CPR to why I failed?

Anyone out there that have gone through this process and by letting me know on how to write a CPR letter?

Many Thanks
Original post by I.Z786_TL
I have applied for sfe 2017/18 year, This year I would been in my final year of the course computer system engineering at London met but I couldn’t because Of not having enough credits to go final (90 credits minimum) and I had 75 credits ,for this I had to re do the 2 modules I failed meaning repeating year 2 again. So then I applied to sfe and found out they are not paying the tuition fee this year due already used my third sfe for 2016/17.

However, the reason why sfe not paying this year is :
2014/15 in other uni for year 1
2015/16 in London met repeating first year
2016/17 in London met second year
2017/16 in London met repeating second year

As you know sfe pays for 3 years (course length) and gift year (1)= 4years

Sfe said they wouldn’t pay for this year tuition fee but will pay for final year and suggested I should write CPR to why I failed?

Anyone out there that have gone through this process and by letting me know on how to write a CPR letter?

Many Thanks

Your CPR letter has to explain why, using evidence you failed. So just failing because you didn't try hard enough won't be accepted. But if you struggled because during the second year, you were diagnosed with a serious illness, you may get extra funding.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Your CPR letter has to explain why, using evidence you failed. So just failing because you didn't try hard enough won't be accepted. But if you struggled because during the second year, you were diagnosed with a serious illness, you may get extra funding.

yes Tiger, i was in depression and aniexty after a friend passed away in RTA, relative passed away in bomb blast in afghanistan and another 1 also passed away with illness after eating mango in afghanistan, had family crisis going on, all of these occured at the same while doing coursework and exams. so this lead an impact to where i could'nt revise for the exams or complete the courseworks

i am told by the student services at uni is to mention dates and evidence which i will get this week from gp.

however i don't how do i put above reasons in a paragraph with dates and year?
Original post by I.Z786_TL
yes Tiger, i was in depression and aniexty after a friend passed away in RTA, relative passed away in bomb blast in afghanistan and another 1 also passed away with illness after eating mango in afghanistan, had family crisis going on, all of these occured at the same while doing coursework and exams. so this lead an impact to where i could'nt revise for the exams or complete the courseworks

i am told by the student services at uni is to mention dates and evidence which i will get this week from gp.

however i don't how do i put above reasons in a paragraph with dates and year?

I'd just write something like "During academic year <year> this happened and it affected my studies in this way..." and make sure your evidence backs up what you're saying. But don't waffle too much.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending