The Student Room Group

Applying with lower grades?

So basically I already completed my A levels, on a gap year and have most of my application finished but I'm not sure about which universities.

I have AAC, but unis state they want AAA-BBB ranges. Is it different if you apply with already having achieved your A level grades and they state they want chemistry and biology which I have A's in. So would they still consider my application or should i apply to ones which state they want lower grades? Because the lower ones ask for C's and E's range which seems a lot lower?
I mean, I only have predicted grades so far and am predicted AAC. I applied to an AAB science-y course in Kings College and got an offer, so you should be totally fine. In fact, it should be easier for you - depending on the course, you may even receive unconditional offers, as they're mostly given out to students who already have their A-Level grades. I would apply to AAB-ABB-ABC uni's (perhaps you should be a little cautious with the AAA-AAB ones, though, I'm not sure if you'd be accepted with lower entry requirements considering you already have your results) but I don't really see the point in applying much lower, unless your personal statement is garbage.
Original post by RiahDawson
So basically I already completed my A levels, on a gap year and have most of my application finished but I'm not sure about which universities.

I have AAC, but unis state they want AAA-BBB ranges. Is it different if you apply with already having achieved your A level grades and they state they want chemistry and biology which I have A's in. So would they still consider my application or should i apply to ones which state they want lower grades? Because the lower ones ask for C's and E's range which seems a lot lower?

Ask each university directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Ask each university directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I did now. Idk why I didn't think of that.
What did they say?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending