The Student Room Group

Taking a cheater back? Your thoughts...yes or no? And why 🌹

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dandiprat
Never take back a cheat. I almost did it once. They demonstrate the worst in people 9/10. I can excuse some circumstances, but I still think you are small if you cannot just stand up and be honest about not being ready for a monogamous relationship.

In my experience, cheating comes mainly with immaturity or being a knobhead. I have never been interested in sleeping around, which is perfectly fine to do, but too many people who are at that stage in their lives trick themselves and others into thinking they can settle down. It gets selfish.

Cheaters also turn out to br repeat offenders.

What about if the person didn’t sleep around , didn’t have s e x with someone ? Would you change your perception.
Original post by livvj01
He got with this girl on a night out when i wasn't there... So it was two weeks of going over everything and talking things out and he literally did it that weekend x

He slept with another girl? Smh. Would your perception change if the cheater didn’t cheat by sleeping with another person.
Original post by Jennifer303
have you ever taken a cheater back? If so why ? If not why? How do you know someone is genuinely sorry?

🌹Not sleeping with someone! Perhaps taking another girl / man out not in a friends way. Or kissing or texting someone in a way that would be classed as cheating 🌹

I was going to say no, but then see its not what i expected. Just be aware if you take them back that it could go pear shaped and know how to deal with it.
What about if the person didn’t sleep around , didn’t have s e x with someone ? Would you change your perception.

I assume you mean if they acted on sexual/emotional impulses, just not all the way through to sex? Not really. Any act of affection (kissing, sexual touching, amorous conversation, sexting, etc) outside of platonic perimeters or pre-discussed boundaries is an act of deceit, and demonstrative of a lack of dedication or maturity for a committed relationship. It also suggests that their partner is not satisfying their emotional needs nor connecting with them in a way that would make them regret decisions involving cheating, which further suggests they should give up the act that the/a relationship is right for them—the cheater.
Original post by dandiprat
I assume you mean if they acted on sexual/emotional impulses, just not all the way through to sex? Not really. Any act of affection (kissing, sexual touching, amorous conversation, sexting, etc) outside of platonic perimeters or pre-discussed boundaries is an act of deceit, and demonstrative of a lack of dedication or maturity for a committed relationship. It also suggests that their partner is not satisfying their emotional needs nor connecting with them in a way that would make them regret decisions involving cheating, which further suggests they should give up the act that the/a relationship is right for them—the cheater.

Pear shape as in? Also, I feel as though me and him are trying to work things out but sometimes I would throw it back in his face that he cheated? What does this mean.

What he did I would say he half cheated he didn’t have sex with no one but he took another girl out to cinema they didn’t do anything though but he got her number at a festival. The timing of it was that our relationship had emotionally ended not physically it was toxic and unhealthy!
Pear shape as in? Also, I feel as though me and him are trying to work things out but sometimes I would throw it back in his face that he cheated? What does this mean.

What he did I would say he half cheated he didn’t have sex with no one but he took another girl out to cinema they didn’t do anything though but he got her number at a festival. The timing of it was that our relationship had emotionally ended not physically it was toxic and unhealthy!

Well, I mean, it is exactly representative of my latter point. That resulted from a breaking down relationship. Someone should have ended it before anyone started seeing anyone else, but it is justifiable for why he did as he did. I would still be very cautious, just pressing for there to be more communication and readiness to act appropriately if things aren’t working.
have you ever taken a cheater back? If so why ? If not why? How do you know someone is genuinely sorry?

🌹Not sleeping with someone! Perhaps taking another girl / man out not in a friends way. Or kissing or texting someone in a way that would be classed as cheating 🌹

No. Trust would all be gone. Possibly you'd argue over this like most of the time.
You never know how you’re going to react when it happens because it’s totally situation-based. I’ve said my whole life I would never take anybody back if they cheated on me. Me and my partner went through a very very rough patch in our relationship and he was caught flirting with another girl whilst on a night out.
We are now here after months of hard work to gain the trust back.
My partner had to work very very hard and so did I.
It takes work, people make mistakes and I always believe in second chances.
Like I said, it’s totally situation-based because cheating can reach from flirting, all the way to actually sleeping with somebody.
No matter what always remember what you’re worth.
Reply 48
Original post by MikesJr
say you been with someone for 3/4 years.. and the other person jus slips up at a party and kisses someone else. that's forgivable imo

I dunno about that. Especially the alcohol excuse is such bs. I have never done anything I haven't wanted to do whilst drunk. If anything your filter goes and you do whatever you want to do and if that's cheating on your partner then its a no from me. By that logic you could excuse anything like starting a fight, being rude to people or eating all the snacks out the cupboard xD. It's clearly a choice you made yourself its not like drinking alcohol forces you to do anything.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending