The Student Room Group

Should I tell work what’s really happening?

I want to quit
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by asdfghjkk
I have had a job in a supermarket for about two months and go to college full time as well. However, I suffer with SAD and anxiety and it find winter very difficult. It’s a struggle to get up and I hate it so much but I just can’t face work. For the past week I have been making excuses to not come in and I handed in my notice because I realise that it’s not fair on them but I didn’t go in this evening and my holiday leave for my last two shifts has been rejected. Should I tell them the truth? Im pretty sure my boss is not the kind of man who will understand.

You have already handed your notice in? Do you have a GP letter?
They arent allowed to discriminate if you have a diagnosed medical reason.
Original post by 999tigger
You have already handed your notice in? Do you have a GP letter?
They arent allowed to discriminate if you have a diagnosed medical reason.

I agree
You need to get proof of your conditions and speak to your manager about it. If he doesn't take them into consideration, it's not the type of company you'd want to work for anyway.
It's probably too late now but in future it's better to try and explain what's going on as at least then you have a chance that they will understand. If they don't you can quit anyway. I would just tell them 'I'm quitting due to health reasons and as such can't attend my last couple of shifts, I understand how difficult this is at this time of year so I'm really sorry'.
get a doctor's note and talk to your boss, if he's understanding like you say, then he should be nice about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending