The Student Room Group

Talking about books in PS?

Im applying for Economics and Finance and was wondering if someone could give me some advice. In my PS im writing about some books iv read and what they've been about, but im not sure what to say to make it relevent to the course i want to study and what it has taught me (if that makes sense).

any help would be appreciated
Reply 1
john williams
Im applying for Economics and Finance and was wondering if someone could give me some advice. In my PS im writing about some books iv read and what they've been about, but im not sure what to say to make it relevent to the course i want to study and what it has taught me (if that makes sense).

what books have you read/
Reply 2
john williams

Yes its a good idea, but I would pick up on one very particular 'for instance' or principle and make a one-sentence comment on that rather than saying vaguely how interesting and stimulating it was. Above all, be specific.
Do you mean make a comment on what iv learnt from the book? So far iv read 'Free lunch' by David Smith, 'No Logo' by Naomi Klein and 'The Truth about Markets' by John Kay (which is the one im going to mention).

Latest

Trending

Trending