The Student Room Group

Kick out for failing every subject in first semester?

I am almost certain I’m going to fail all my modules in the first semester, I have missed most of the coursework and classes. Theres exams tomorrow and the day after, which I’m not going to pass.

I have been struggling to fit in in this uni as Im a second year student transfered from other uni. I was unmotivated and depressed because I couldnt make any friends. I regret every single moment that I ignored the consequences of missing lecture and deadlines.
I am seeing my programme tutor tomorrow to talk about my issue, should I be honest about my depression? Will I get withdrawn by uni for poor marks in sem A and what I should do now to save my education.
Original post by Chingkwokkk
I am almost certain I’m going to fail all my modules in the first semester, I have missed most of the coursework and classes. Theres exams tomorrow and the day after, which I’m not going to pass.

I have been struggling to fit in in this uni as Im a second year student transfered from other uni. I was unmotivated and depressed because I couldnt make any friends. I regret every single moment that I ignored the consequences of missing lecture and deadlines.
I am seeing my programme tutor tomorrow to talk about my issue, should I be honest about my depression? Will I get withdrawn by uni for poor marks in sem A and what I should do now to save my education.

Are you an international student?
Why did you transfer? Is it to a better uni?
Depending on the uni then most dont care whether you attend lectures or not.

What I think is more difficult to get round is you not handing in coursework. If you arent happy then why would you wish to stay? Why not find a different uni?

Depending on how the modules and exams work then you could be starting to really damage you degree class.

My advice is to tell them about the depression and explain how its affected your studies. They may believe you, but it would be easier if you had medical evidence. They could just ask you to resit, but your grades could then well be capped at 40%.

I think transferring may be a better solution than being capped at 40%. You dont have much time other than go to the meeting and do your best in exams.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending