The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

High achievers offer.

I've received an offer to study Bsc Geography at Nottingham through their high achievers initiative and I just wanted to know if anyone who has received a similar offer has taken it? And if so, how it works? And when and where it confirms my unconditional place once I've set it as my firm choice? Thanks. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I too have a High Achievers Offer with Nottingham, but for MEng Hons in Civil Engineering. Have you decided that you want to Firm it? I've decided to do so, although I haven't sent my reply to UCAS yet.

Nottingham sent me an e-mail three months ago that said the offer on UCAS will be amended to Unconditional within ten working days of me making them as my Firm choice, and that the offer will include confirmation of my inclusion in the High Achievers initiative. ... Perhaps that applies to you as well?

By the way, I study Geography at A-Level.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anyone?
Hi,

I too have a High Achievers Offer with Nottingham, but for MEng Hons in Civil Engineering. Have you decided that you want to Firm it? I've decided to do so, although I haven't sent my reply to UCAS yet.

Nottingham sent me an e-mail three months ago that said the offer on UCAS will be amended to Unconditional within ten working days of me making them as my Firm choice, and that the offer will include confirmation of my inclusion in the High Achievers initiative. ... Perhaps that applies to you as well?

By the way, I study Geography at A-Level.

Congratulations! I think I will firm Nottingham as it was the best looking course I could find despite getting my Cambridge offer. So I shall hopefully see you there!

Ah, I will have to look through my emails then, thanks a lot! Thats cool though, how are you finding it?
I have got a High Achievers offer from the University of Nottingham for BA History and Archaeology. I have firmly accepted and now have an unconcitional place. Cant wait to get there in Septemeber 2018!
Reply 4
Original post by AmberRoseGrace
I have got a High Achievers offer from the University of Nottingham for BA History and Archaeology. I have firmly accepted and now have an unconcitional place. Cant wait to get there in Septemeber 2018!

Well done! See you in September :smile:
Original post by GSU_Dan
Well done! See you in September :smile:

are you doing the same course? Xx
Reply 6
are you doing the same course? Xx

Im doing Geography Bsc, however I believe our departments are on the same campus and its likely we will see each other around!
Original post by GSU_Dan
Im doing Geography Bsc, however I believe our departments are on the same campus and its likely we will see each other around!

Good to hear from a person i may know in september. what accomodation are u interested in?
Reply 8
Good to hear from a person i may know in september. what accomodation are u interested in?

I like the look of Raleigh park, just cause its close to the town centre and out of the way of the main campus a bit. Im not too fussed about a 10 minute cycle in the morning! how about you?
Original post by GSU_Dan
I like the look of Raleigh park, just cause its close to the town centre and out of the way of the main campus a bit. Im not too fussed about a 10 minute cycle in the morning! how about you?

Ah im looking at Catered accomodation on the main campus because that seems to be where most people are xx
Reply 10
Ah im looking at Catered accomodation on the main campus because that seems to be where most people are xx

Thats fair enough, I much preferred the look of the self-catering as I like cooking!
Original post by GSU_Dan
Thats fair enough, I much preferred the look of the self-catering as I like cooking!

I like cooking but ugh im lazy 😂 xx
Reply 12
I like cooking but ugh im lazy 😂 xx

Haha I get you there! I can certainly see myself ending up at the SU fairly often for dinner after a long day of lectures! I suppose being on campus is pretty handy as well
Original post by GSU_Dan
Haha I get you there! I can certainly see myself ending up at the SU fairly often for dinner after a long day of lectures! I suppose being on campus is pretty handy as well

I want september to come quicker! Ive already bought all my uni stuff, which is sad i know, but im excited😂
Reply 14
I want september to come quicker! Ive already bought all my uni stuff, which is sad i know, but im excited😂

Definitely, it feels so far away still! That is a bit extra, before you even know your accommodation!! Me too though, Im a bit bored of sixth form at this point, want to meet a bunch of new people!
Reply 15
Original post by GSU_Dan
Congratulations! I think I will firm Nottingham as it was the best looking course I could find despite getting my Cambridge offer. So I shall hopefully see you there!

Ah, I will have to look through my emails then, thanks a lot! Thats cool though, how are you finding it?

At GCSE, I much preferred Physical Geography, but now, Human Geography seems to be what I like more. I find it more interesting at A-Level.

I'm going for catered accommodation on University Park Campus.
Original post by GSU_Dan
Definitely, it feels so far away still! That is a bit extra, before you even know your accommodation!! Me too though, Im a bit bored of sixth form at this point, want to meet a bunch of new people!

I havent bought bedding and stuff, not quite that extra, but clothes and stuff cause i need extra outfits for partying😂 Yeah im sick of sixth form, been eith the same people for seven years, cannot wait to make new friends (hopefully!)
Original post by Anyone?
At GCSE, I much preferred Physical Geography, but now, Human Geography seems to be what I like more. I find it more interesting at A-Level.

I'm going for catered accommodation on University Park Campus.

Which catered accomodation do you like? Xx
Reply 18
I really wouldn't be too fussed with any catered accommodation hall. I'm just too lazy to buy food daily and cook for myself.

Nice to meet you.

See you in September.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anyone?
I like Lenton and Wortley, but if I get put into another catered accommodation hall, I really wouldn't be too fussed about it. I'm just too lazy to buy food daily and cook for myself.

Nice to meet you.

See you September.

Yeah i think all the catered are pretty nice, so im not too fussed. I like the west zone the most though (florence boot, willoughby). Nice to meet you too xx

Quick Reply

Latest