The Student Room Group

worried about meeting my AAA offer for oxford

hiyaaa

so I got a conditional offer at Oxford to do languages in October. the offer is AAA and I do French, English lang/lit and Maths w Stats at A-level.

I have sat none of my exams or coursework yet apart from English coursework, which is 20% of my final grade. I've already done that coursework, and during that time I only aimed to get an A grade because I was 100% certain I would not get into Oxford and the offer of my 2nd choice uni was AAB. If I had known I was going to be accepted I would've definitely aimed for an A* in my coursework to provide a safety net, a kind of shoot-for-the-moon-land-among-the-stars kind of thing. Throughout doing my coursework, I frequently asked for advice for improvement on my coursework and followed my teachers' instructions accordingly; and on the 10th Jan (ecstatic as I was) I went to speak to them with the same worry, and they said that they would be surprised if I got a B in the coursework (teachers are not allowed to tell students what grade their work is at before its submitted). But what if I did get a B which drags down my final grade to a B?????

I am 100% going to put lots of effort into the other 80%, aiming for an A*, definitely! But I'm just worried I might miss an A grade because of my stupid lack of confidence before...

Am I overthinking? Put my mind at ease..
thanks x
bump
Original post by moggygeorgieee
hiyaaa

so I got a conditional offer at Oxford to do languages in October. the offer is AAA and I do French, English lang/lit and Maths w Stats at A-level.

I have sat none of my exams or coursework yet apart from English coursework, which is 20% of my final grade. I've already done that coursework, and during that time I only aimed to get an A grade because I was 100% certain I would not get into Oxford and the offer of my 2nd choice uni was AAB. If I had known I was going to be accepted I would've definitely aimed for an A* in my coursework to provide a safety net, a kind of shoot-for-the-moon-land-among-the-stars kind of thing. Throughout doing my coursework, I frequently asked for advice for improvement on my coursework and followed my teachers' instructions accordingly; and on the 10th Jan (ecstatic as I was) I went to speak to them with the same worry, and they said that they would be surprised if I got a B in the coursework (teachers are not allowed to tell students what grade their work is at before its submitted). But what if I did get a B which drags down my final grade to a B?????

I am 100% going to put lots of effort into the other 80%, aiming for an A*, definitely! But I'm just worried I might miss an A grade because of my stupid lack of confidence before...

Am I overthinking? Put my mind at ease..
thanks x

Can't put your mind completely at ease, but can tell you that you are overthinking. You are also wasting valuable time and mental energy on something you can't change. The conclusion is therefore...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending