The Student Room Group

Name a habit you've picked up from a partner

Hard to describe but my ex used to do this silent laugh where his body would shake. Now I always do it without even thinking. I've also subconsciously copied some of his dance moves. Weirdly only started doing them after we broke up.
Anyway have any of you picked up any habits/quirks from your current or ex bf/gf? If so what are they?

I've picked up things (even just words) from pretty much every guy I've been with. Makes me wonder if they've picked up anything from me (not talking sti's)

Scroll to see replies

crap insults. my boyfriend always gave the lamest comebacks, when i got into an argument with someone recently i used some of his lame insults... i was disgusted at myself :frown:
Reply 2
Eating too many takeaways :tongue:
Reply 3
Eating quickly
Reply 4
trust issues.
Reply 5
Saying ahhh randomly and covering my mouth when I eat.
Reply 6
Original post by Cheza33
Saying ahhh randomly and covering my mouth when I eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0XiwpiPObg
Reply 7
Psuhing people away.
My boyfriend's family are religious so they don't say "oh my god" or "hell" they say "oh my heck". If he's frustrated he'll say it and I've noticed I've started doing it too and I get weird looks from my friends about it.
class A drugs (with a former partner)

lol kidding
an eating disorder
Hmm, first person I was involved with liked metal music. Now I love black metal too
I stalked his FB a few months after I'd ended it, and he used the word maggot for a despicable person in one of his posts. I used to call horrid people maggots.
(edited 6 years ago)
an eating disorder
roadman slang
Having both jam and butter on my toast.
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

thats evil
Original post by crosssafley
thats evil

I used to think that too, but now it's my go-to choice for breakfast.
A non-existent one, because I don't have a partner.
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Butter and jam together is fantastic combination. Would recommend butter and peanut butter together as well.
She used to spell the word cute as "coot" sometimes when she found something super cute. I didn't even realise I'd picked it up from her until we got in touch again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending