The Student Room Group

Break up. Was it my fault ?

Ive been with my boyfriend just over 2 years. A few months ago he broke up with me saying he didnt know if he loved me, a few days after he said he said that during the heat of an argument and he does love me so we got back together.
A few days ago we had another heated argument and out of anger I told him I deserve better and dont think he cares about me and want to end i and hes a bad boyfriend. I quickly regretted saying this and took it back. He responded by yes maybe I dont care about you as much as I should, again saying hes confused if he loves me or not. Also he said he feels if he was with someone else he would probably act differently (be a better boyfriend).
I cant help but regret the argument which I started to cause this breakup and thinking if I didnt say anything we would we still be together. Is it wrong for me to think this?
I also said to him to come and either talk about it or just break up and his response was yeah i think we should break up.
I really do love him but maybe I do deserve more. If he loved me he wouldnt give up after a silly fight would he?
Shall I have hope for reconciliation or is this it for good?
Thanks in advance!
If he's not willing to persevere with trying to sort things out, like u said, he doesn't really love you and I think you should look for someone else. I have these kind of arguments with my girlfriend from time to time also, and we've been together for almost 3 years, they're a normality in a relationship. On the other hand, our relationship started with me doing most of the effort, so maybe if you really feel like something could still happen with you two, you could give it another go.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Ive been with my boyfriend just over 2 years. A few months ago he broke up with me saying he didnt know if he loved me, a few days after he said he said that during the heat of an argument and he does love me so we got back together.
A few days ago we had another heated argument and out of anger I told him I deserve better and dont think he cares about me and want to end i and hes a bad boyfriend. I quickly regretted saying this and took it back. He responded by yes maybe I dont care about you as much as I should, again saying hes confused if he loves me or not. Also he said he feels if he was with someone else he would probably act differently (be a better boyfriend).
I cant help but regret the argument which I started to cause this breakup and thinking if I didnt say anything we would we still be together. Is it wrong for me to think this?
I also said to him to come and either talk about it or just break up and his response was yeah i think we should break up.
I really do love him but maybe I do deserve more. If he loved me he wouldnt give up after a silly fight would he?
Shall I have hope for reconciliation or is this it for good?
Thanks in advance!

personally, I think you should just do what feels right because if not you will just regret everything. no matter what you will have times when you will rethink and speculate what could have been. from what i can see you seem to have a lot of heated arguments, quite often and maybe it is the right thing to do, think about your happiness and i wish you all the best, hope this helps xxxxxxxx
TBH I think anyone who threatens or implies a break up after arguments is very childish and you're just asking for the other person to agree with you. It's no one's fault though - or at least you can't judge whose... he wouldn't have agreed and you wouldn't have suggested it if the relationship was strong so the problem was already there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending