The Student Room Group

Need advice on where to study

Hi, I'm currently in my A-level year and need advice on where to go for higher studies. I'm from Sri Lanka and live in the UAE studying in a private school that has the Edexcel curriculum.My O level result was 4 A stars and 3 A's and in my AS year I took Maths,Physics and Chemistry and my grades were ABC. My A-level results will be in August this year.

The main factor I'm looking at is the cost of living and studying. Ideally I want to study in a country where the tuition fees are relatively low and the cost of living isn't too much.I don't really have any preference for the course I'm planning on studying but any Engineering or Business course would do fine.

Countries I've considered : Germany (I have to take a language subject and need to learn the German language),Norway,France,Poland,Netherlands,Austria

Countries I don't want to go to : USA (High Fees),UK (High Fees and apparently I've missed the deadline),Canada,India,Malaysia.
Reply 1
may i know which school do u study in UAE?
Reply 2
and why do u not want to go to canada?
Reply 3
for ur info in norway and france major universities require language courses such as Norwegian and french
Reply 4
i guess it is the same for poland...the polish language
Reply 5
Original post by MRemaz
may i know which school do u study in UAE?

Al Nahda International School

Original post by MRemaz
and why do u not want to go to canada?

It's relatively expensive or so I've heard.

Original post by MRemaz
for ur info in norway and france major universities require language courses such as Norwegian and french

Original post by MRemaz
i guess it is the same for poland...the polish language

I could learn the language right? Shouldn't be that hard I'm guessing.
Reply 6
Original post by parol751
Al Nahda International School

It's relatively expensive or so I've heard.

I could learn the language right? Shouldn't be that hard I'm guessing.

no prob for u until and unless u have no problem in wasting about 4-6 months in learning a new language rather than spending that time studying the original course
Reply 7
You seem to be in the start of your research for international studies. I suggest your first step be to attend one of these forums with different universities from around the globe. I believe they are called"One-to-One" education events and are often held. I attend one just last week and one of the universities represented there was the one I am applying to. Best thing was that I saw the local competition for the spot, talked to their agent for what is most important for the university (profile of the students they want to recruit, scores from tests they are most interested in, etc.) and even had the chance to touch upon the very important topic of scholarships. Def useful and def recommending it! In my country (Bulgaria) we only have two agencies that offer this service - the one I used is AccessMBA accessmba.com. Good Luck!
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending