The Student Room Group

counter fraud ruining my life

the counter fraud team have withdrawn my finance over an alleged forged signature and inflated costs on a CCG2 form. to be absolutely clear- i have done nothing wrong.
i have started a complaint with the childcare provider because somebody there must've 'helped' the manager by completing my form.

I have been in touch with the students union at my uni.
i have contacted citizens advice.
i intend to appeal until i have cleared my name.
in the meantime, i risk losing everything. my degree, my chances of ever getting a mortgage or obtaining a decent job. I will be put on the CIFAS register. i have had to withdraw my children from the childcare provider. my life is over, and i cannot even defend myself! they are saying that i cannot challenge the investigation legally because it is a civil matter and not criminal.
how can they get away with doing this to people?! i have seen many similar cases on these forums, tey the threads have been closed/i am unable to reply.
its all starting to feel very suspicious.
Reply 1
The very same thing happened to me they sent me a letter one year later that they need two year bank statements and all child care provider recipts etc I don’t know how to gather all that now as I never saved any receipts. Do u have any advice and how your matter ended with them ? I hope it was resolved good luck
Reply 2
The same thing EXACTLY happened to me! I am now repaying £14000!!! After year 1 apparent 'forged' childcare signature - I asked SLC to ask the childcare provider to provide a copy of their signature to prove it was theirs, and SLC said "No, the childcare provider is under no obligation to do that". I lost all funding and thought that was the end of it - ten years later I have had a letter through my door from a recovery agent stating I owe the 14000 back that was used to pay for living costs and childcare at the time - not only did i lose it all i have to repay what was spent on childcare and living and tuition. What is worse is they apparently can still try to prosecute me - for something that I have not done to be clear - so I have no choice but to begin paying back! It is disgusting that our government subsidise this loan shark company
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending