The Student Room Group

how to go from hijab to hijabless?

how do you make the transition from hijabi to non hijabi?
I've found it quite difficult be comfortable with my body and im just so ashamed of some of my scars, body hairs marks but i also really want to wear a skirt or shorts or be comfortable with my body without feeling ashamed when i go out?

it's just that ive always been told that my body is private and should not be seen not a hair or my ankles, im finding it hard to see my body without having those unpleasant triggers adn thoughts.

Does anyone have any tips or experience with this?
non muslims can answer this too.
Reply 1
Hey my friend did this you just start small if you are uncomfortable so loosen your hijab a bit more or change the style so that more hair is showing. Start wearing tighter trousers (assuming you only wore skirts before) and work your way up to skirt with thick tights then sheer etc etc
If you feel uncomfortable with the way you look I would recommend going out with friends or even by urself to the shop wearing more “revealing” clothing (by this I mean no hijab and shorter skirt) till you feel more confident in your own body. Alternatively just go all out change in style people will notice but it’ll last a couple of days max and ppl will forget. People in my school have done this and I’ve never felt a negative or even any reaction from our classmates. Remember this is YOUR BODY and no one should judge you negatively for the way you choose to dress and if they do the problem is with them NOT with you.
I hope it goes well for you! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending