The Student Room Group

Ordinary residency and application

Hi,

I saw that is now possible to apply for 2018/2019 funding, even for EU students. I've been already accepted for a MFL PGCE course in Bristol. I am Italian and, as I explained in another post, last year, I worked in Peru for 11 months in an Italo-Peruvian private school, recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education. I collected some evidence in order to prove my intention to stay there only for that period of time. Furthermore, the school sent me a letter specifying the type of work contract (fixed-term) I had and the dates of beginning and end of my collaboration with them. I only have to write a cover letter, explaining the reason I decided to work abroad for almost 11 months. The documents provided by the school are written in Spanish and Italian (being an Italo-Peruvian institution), would it be a problem? Should I begin to fill my application form and send it even though I am not applying for a loan? Actually, I hope to get a bursary, since I graduated in italy with first class honour. Should I be pretty positive about the possibility to have access to bursaries? Or should I start worrying?

Thank you so much

Vera
Original post by Vera88
Hi,

I saw that is now possible to apply for 2018/2019 funding, even for EU students. I've been already accepted for a MFL PGCE course in Bristol. I am Italian and, as I explained in another post, last year, I worked in Peru for 11 months in an Italo-Peruvian private school, recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education. I collected some evidence in order to prove my intention to stay there only for that period of time. Furthermore, the school sent me a letter specifying the type of work contract (fixed-term) I had and the dates of beginning and end of my collaboration with them. I only have to write a cover letter, explaining the reason I decided to work abroad for almost 11 months. The documents provided by the school are written in Spanish and Italian (being an Italo-Peruvian institution), would it be a problem? Should I begin to fill my application form and send it even though I am not applying for a loan? Actually, I hope to get a bursary, since I graduated in italy with first class honour. Should I be pretty positive about the possibility to have access to bursaries? Or should I start worrying?

Thank you so much

Vera

Hi Vera,

I would suggest that you complete the EU18N form and send this to Student Finance. When you send in your application for the tuition fee loan( although to do not have to request the loan) we will check your university/college for eligibility for the EU Bursary. If you are eligible for the bursary, we will send you the EU Bursary Form to complete.

If you apply for the bursary, you will be required to provide evidence of your income. This should be in the form of an employers letter on company headed paper stating your yearly earnings / tax, the EU tax year runs from 1 January to 31 December. This does not need to be translated.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi Vera,

I would suggest that you complete the EU18N form and send this to Student Finance. When you send in your application for the tuition fee loan( although to do not have to request the loan) we will check your university/college for eligibility for the EU Bursary. If you are eligible for the bursary, we will send you the EU Bursary Form to complete.

If you apply for the bursary, you will be required to provide evidence of your income. This should be in the form of an employers letter on company headed paper stating your yearly earnings / tax, the EU tax year runs from 1 January to 31 December. This does not need to be translated.

Thanks

Louise

HI Louise,

Thank you for your reply. I already have this kind of letter regarding my job in Peru. I came back to Europe last December, and I'm not working at the moment (just giving some private foreign languages lessons at home and studying for my Professional Skills Tests). I am living with my parents at least till April. Should I send also my actual bank statement? Do all my documents (work contract, employer's letter, etc) need to be translated?

How can my university check if I am eligible or not? Should I send any type of evidence of temporary job abroad to you or to them too?

Thank you very much

Regards

Vera
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Vera88
HI Louise,

Thank you for your reply. I already have this kind of letter regarding my job in Peru. I came back to Europe last December, and I'm not working at the moment (just giving some private foreign languages lessons at home and studying for my Professional Skills Tests). I am living with my parents at least till April. Should I send also my actual bank statement? Do all my documents (work contract, employer's letter, etc) need to be translated?

How can my university check if I am eligible or not? Should I send any type of evidence of temporary job abroad to you or to them too?

Thank you very much

Regards

Vera

Hi Vera,

Student Finance would check if the university you are wishing to attend offer a bursary to EU students. I would also suggest that you send the evidence of your temporary break in residency with your application to Student Finance with your EU19N.

We would not require your documents to be translated.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending