The Student Room Group

migrant worker maintenance loan

Hello, I am a EU student with pre-settled status who was granted a tuition fee loan at the start of the academic year.

I started working part-time almost two months ago and would like to apply for the migrant worker maintenance loan; however, I have question.

One of the requirements is that you have to be an ordinary resident of England on the first day of the first academic year of your course. My course started on September 25th, so is that the date?Or does it have to be September 1st? I'm confused.

Thanks!
Original post by anapl4net
Hello, I am a EU student with pre-settled status who was granted a tuition fee loan at the start of the academic year.

I started working part-time almost two months ago and would like to apply for the migrant worker maintenance loan; however, I have question.

One of the requirements is that you have to be an ordinary resident of England on the first day of the first academic year of your course. My course started on September 25th, so is that the date?Or does it have to be September 1st? I'm confused.

Thanks!

Thank you.

You need to be working from the 1st of September to qualify for funding for the full year as a Migrant Worker. If you began working during term 1 then you'd be assessed from term 2 onwards for the funding. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending