The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

How to get to the Peak District by bus?

Hi,

I've seen messages saying you can get to the Peak District from Sheffield in 15-20 mins and that student fares are £1.

However, I can't find any conclusive information about this and don't know which bus to take to get there. I have tried looking at timetables etc but they all assume I am going to the other end of the Peak District, or they are conflicting!

Also, do you need evidence for being a student (if the £1 fare is true) or will they automatically give you a student ticket? I am going to Sheffield for an applicant day so would like to go into the peaks afterwards but I'm not 100% sure how.

Thanks
Reply 1
Well, I figured it out. I'll answer my own question in case anybody wants to know in the future:

Bus 51 is one of the more frequent ones and takes you near the edge of the Peak District. The timetable and map can be found as a PDF on this page.

It goes through the city centre and the north campus of the university, the final stop being Lodge Moor/Redmires Road. Ticket prices for the 51 bus can be found here.

There is more information on the 51 bus to Lodge Moor here, as well as other buses.

From here, there is a variety of trails you can follow that are detailed on this PDF guide and if that link fails, here is the link to the page with it available for download.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Thanks for answering your question :biggrin:

I'd followed the thread coz I wanted an answer too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending