The Student Room Group

I feel so worthless (heartbreak)

Hi everyone!

Another guy just broke my heart. I feel like an idiot. I generally get attached to people quickly and I am so naive that I trust them instantly and always see the good in people. I could never hate anyone and I never fight with people.
Also I would do anything for my friends or people that mean something to me.

But it hurts even more when those people disappoint me. I am 22 years old and have never been in a relationship because nobody ever wanted me. I've had sex once but that was only because I thought the guy was committed to me at the time. Turns out, he didn't want anything like a relationship. He just wanted sex.

Same thing happened twice again after. Only that I didn't have sex with them which led to them walking away from me.
And every time I am left with a broken heart.

I just feel like nobody will ever like me in that way. I don't even like myself.
And I've never had really close friends who I could talk to about this. I have lots of people I would call friends, but we're not that close either.

I just want to be happy. For once.

What can I do in order to like myself again? Do you believe that anyone can find love and be happy?
Reply 1
to answer your questions:
nothing and no
I don’t know about you anon, but when I like someone I lose myself. So when I had my heartbroken, I removed them from my life and focused on myself. I started learning how to care for my natural (curly hair), started drinking more water, finally went vegan (and started eating healthy), took care of my skin and started revising. I focused on becoming a better version of myself, so that when the next person came along I would be able to make them really happy. I also caught up on shows and books that I hadn’t found the time for, and if you have friends feel free to confide in them. I’ll never be one to go looking for love, but yes I believe that! This world is way too big, has way too many people and opportunities for that not to be true! Good luck in your endeavours! 😊
Original post by Anonymous

I generally get attached to people quickly and I am so naive that I trust them instantly and always see the good in people.

lol same
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone!

Another guy just broke my heart. I feel like an idiot. I generally get attached to people quickly and I am so naive that I trust them instantly and always see the good in people. I could never hate anyone and I never fight with people.

But it hurts even more when those people disappoint me. I am 22 years old and have never been in a relationship because nobody ever wanted me. I've had sex once but that was only because I thought the guy was committed to me at the time. Turns out, he didn't want anything like a relationship. He just wanted sex.

Same thing happened twice again after. Only that I didn't have sex with them which led to them walking away from me.
And every time I am left with a broken heart.

I just feel like nobody will ever like me in that way. I don't even like myself.
And I've never had really close friends who I could talk to about this. I have lots of people I would call friends, but we're not that close either.

I just want to be happy. For once.

What can I do in order to like myself again? Do you believe that anyone can find love and be happy?

Appreciate what you have i.e your family and your health. Believe me, a boyfriend and even friends are nothing compared to a healthy body. You are still young and probably attractive enough to find a boyfrien/husband.
Reply 5
You have your whole life ahead of you. Pick your partners right and stop focusing so much on having a relationship.

Instead, focus on building a relationship. Its a two way street. That way you aren't desperate to fall for anyone, especially people who don't align with your values.

There is a massive difference between "i want a relationship so bad" and "i want to a build a relationship that is ideal for me". The former will trap you and the latter will help you move towards a relationship which is conducive to you and your life. That way you will know you find a partner who is good for you and compatible with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending