The Student Room Group

Am I a normal teenager, advice please?

So, I'm a 17 year old boy. I've never even kissed a girl before, let alone having sex. I've never been drunk, no drugs, nothing of that sort! My only goal in life is to provide my parents with ANYTHING they want and EVERYTHING they deserve! But, most people of my age are usually into stuff like drunk-driving, arrested for drugs and all of that stuff. Are there people like me of my age, would you even consider me normal?

Scroll to see replies

I'm a 17 year old boy and the exact same. There's a lot of people like us, I mean I haven't seen many but I'm sure there's a lot.
lol your probaby what most "typical" teenagers want to be. Would you rather be a bum who f***s a girl and gets her pregnant at 16 and be unable to provide for your kid, let alone your parents? or go to uni get a degree, get a job then provide for your family and later on find true love and have kids which you can provide for? IDK about you but i prefer the latter.
Yes you are normal
yes you're normal. please stay normal.
Yes, thats called being mature... most teenagers rn are just going with the crowd tbh... the most important thing is to be yourself! :smile:
awh bless you of course you're normal!! I'm exactly like you and i know plenty more people that are just like us so you don't need to worry about not fitting in with those around you
Original post by Anonymous
So, I'm a 17 year old boy. I've never even kissed a girl before, let alone having sex. I've never been drunk, no drugs, nothing of that sort! My only goal in life is to provide my parents with ANYTHING they want and EVERYTHING they deserve! But, most people of my age are usually into stuff like drunk-driving, arrested for drugs and all of that stuff. Are there people like me of my age, would you even consider me normal?

Normal, except most aren't their parents' servants
Reply 8
Normal! I’m the same as you. I would do anything for my parents to some extent haha. I just wanna repay everything that they have given to me 😄
You are normal, and if you aren’t then dear God I hope you never will be normal for your own sake.

It’s a sad state of society where drugs, thug culture, and sex are glorified and held up on a pedestal. There’s a good (but long) video by Stefan Molyneux which relates all the parallels between the fall of Rome and the slow decline of Western Society. It truly is uncanny.
pfft YES, normality has nothing to do with the sort of social life you have
you sound like a sensible and responsible teenager to me. but if you keep tooting your own horn and putting others down, then you are going to be rather annoying. you are more mature than others, lucky you, try to help others and find some humility. are you talking to these people you know who are doing drink driving and drugs? or too busy scoffing and turning your nose up?
Reply 12
You are normal, and if you aren’t then dear God I hope you never will be normal for your own sake.

It’s a sad state of society where drugs, thug culture, and sex are glorified and held up on a pedestal. There’s a good (but long) video by Stefan Molyneux which relates all the parallels between the fall of Rome and the slow decline of Western Society. It truly is uncanny.

Wow, he's a really good youtuber thanks for the recommendation!
Original post by shaniaxmercedez
awh bless you of course you're normal!! I'm exactly like you and i know plenty more people that are just like us so you don't need to worry about not fitting in with those around you

Thank you!
Original post by yh2504
normal! I’m the same as you. I would do anything for my parents to some extent haha. I just wanna repay everything that they have given to me 😄

ikkkr same
yes you are absolutely normal and teens should be like you
Original post by rubaiyatsunita
yes you are absolutely normal and teens should be like you

thanks
My only goal in life is to provide my parents with ANYTHING they want and EVERYTHING they deserve!

Sorry, am I missing something... how is that 'normal'? If your parents had you at the age of 30, then given average life expectancy... they'll probably die when you're 40.

Are you planning to hold out on having a girlfriend or wife, until you're 40???

Because that's what your post implies (the part where you say "only goal" ). That wouldn't be normal, or healthy either.

Also I don't think it's an offspring's responsibility to provide for their parents, unless it is really crucial. Unless they are really struggling, then of course, if you also have a good relationship with them. Normally, people have kids at a certain age, and provide for their kids. Not other way round. You know... cycle of life.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by NonIndigenous
Sorry, am I missing something... how is that 'normal'? If your parents had you at the age of 30, then given average life expectancy... they'll probably die when you're 40.

Are you planning to hold out on having a girlfriend or wife, until you're 40???

Because that's what your post implies (the part where you say "only goal":wink:. That wouldn't be normal, or healthy either.

Also I don't think it's an offspring's responsibility to provide for their parents, unless it is really crucial. Unless they are really struggling, then of course. Normally, people have kids at a certain age, and provide for their kids. Not their parents. You know... cycle of life.

NO WAY! That's not what I meant. By "only goal", I meant, my biggest goal. Of course I'm not going to stay single until 40!
Of course you're normal. Since when was it normal for people your age to be drug addicts, drunk driving and whatnot? I'm 17 too; I drink occasionally but I've never been drunk either (I have been tipsy a few times though). I'm not a druggie and I've never kissed anyone either. Don't let stereotypes get to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending