The Student Room Group

Who is more responsible for the misconduct of a child ?

Mom or dad who is responsible for a child misconduct?
Original post by Anonymous

Well both of course. Unless the child lives with one or the other.
Both
Whichever one sets the bad example/doesn’t discipline them enough
It depends on the circumstances, really.
Reply 6
Original post by Andrew97
It’s mum, not mom.

But why?
Original post by TomW624
But why?

Because this is a UK forum, and that is the spelling in the UK.
It’s mum, not mom.

Very true.

Both unless one is out of the picture, but even then if they leave in a traumatic way that can contribute to 'misconduct', either way there is more too it than just blaming the parents.
Reply 9
Because this is a UK forum, and that is the spelling in the UK.

This is a UK forum with an international population many of which are taught american English in school much to our chagrin but its still technically correct.

Also Mom is in the Oxford English Dictionary as "ones mother" and is counted as a dialect. Unless you want every person on this forum, including those from Britain whose words can be in different dialects, to conform to the dialect of English you learned I think it's OK to use Mum.

Also so when you're on a forum based in America for example do you change the way you spell things?
Original post by TomW624
This is a UK forum with an international population many of which are taught american English in school much to our chagrin but its still technically correct.

Also Mom is in the Oxford English Dictionary as "ones mother" and is counted as a dialect. Unless you want every person on this forum, including those from Britain whose words can be in different dialects, to conform to the dialect of English you learned I think it's OK to use Mum.

Also so when you're on a forum based in America for example do you change the way you spell things?

What are you getting so triggered for? I am not on any forums based in the United States. If I were, I’d use the term mother.
What are you getting so triggered for? I am not on any forums based in the United States. If I were, I’d use the term mother.

I'm not getting triggered it's just not the first time I've seen you be nit picky about this and I was curious aka having an open mind to listen to other peoples ideas/ways of doing things.

You may have noticed I agree mum is the proper way and mom niggles at me too but is acceptable if that's what you know so i don't see the point of calling it out whenever I see it.

The info about the dictionary was for your personal development because the more you know :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Both
The child's friends.
Far too vague question to give a proper answer
Whichever parent has set the bad example.
Blame the child and have a coffee break.
Original post by Anonymous

both, it their age or non its the people around them tbh
my bro was proper bad and crazy, its gone down now, but he still misbehaves and he doesn't pick it up form my parents or us siblings
plus whenever he's 'angry' he starts swearing and no one in the house swears or uses bad language
(well we try not to use bad language)
hes deffo picking it up form school4
xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending