The Student Room Group

Do you like foreign guys?

I mean mostly western by the way, like from continental Europe, the US, etc.

I wanna know what British girls think.
Original post by Anonymous
I mean mostly western by the way, like from continental Europe, the US, etc.

I wanna know what British girls think.

I'm in a relationship with an American guy, but I'm not attracted to him because he's American. It's just a fact of who he is.
If they have a nice personality then sure.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
I'm in a relationship with an American guy, but I'm not attracted to him because he's American. It's just a fact of who he is.

Oh... Americans are pretty plain though :P
Oh... Americans are pretty plain though :P

Bit of a generalisation.
Reply 5
but I'm not attracted to him because he's American

Wow what's your beef with Americans?? :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by TheEnchantress
If they have a nice personality then sure.

That goes without saying I suppose. I meant if you like something specific about foreign guys. I assume "nice personality" goes for all guys whether British or foreign.
Original post by Sataris
Wow what's your beef with Americans?? :tongue:

Nothing.
Reply 8
Bit of a generalisation.

I was kidding 'cos you said you aren't attracted to him because he's American :smile:
Black men are beautiful
Depends what they’re like and how well they speak english. I wouldn’t reject someone just because they aren’t British.
I was kidding 'cos you said you aren't attracted to him because he's American :smile:

Meaning him being American isn't the sole reason I'm attracted to him. It's just a part of him that isn't attractive or unattractive, like him having 2 lungs.
Original post by cat_mac
Depends what they’re like and how well they speak english. I wouldn’t reject someone just because they aren’t British.

Well, Europeans from the continent usually speak good English (Scandinavians speak almost perfect English for some reason) but they have an accent. I mean, educated young men. Older, or less educated men will be less fluent or not at all. But guys in their 20s will usually be fluent albeit with an accent.
Meaning him being American isn't the sole reason I'm attracted to him. It's just a part of him that isn't attractive or unattractive, like him having 2 lungs.

I know, I was kidding. Apologies for the confusion.

Cultural clash, I presume.
I know, I was kidding. Apologies for the confusion.

Cultural clash, I presume.

Who's experiencing a cultural clash?
Well, Europeans from the continent usually speak good English (Scandinavians speak almost perfect English for some reason) but they have an accent. I mean, educated young men. Older, or less educated men will be less fluent or not at all. But guys in their 20s will usually be fluent albeit with an accent.

Yeah I’ve got friends in france, norway, germany and they all have amazing english. One girl you wouldn’t even be able to tell that she isn’t from here. Really show up how bad the british are with languages when teenagers are bilingual on the mainland!
have been to mexico and fancied quite a few american boys so yeah
Who's experiencing a cultural clash?

Me and you. We're clashing over culture. Or is it bad jokes on my part? we'll never know :mystery::itsamystery::m::m::iiam:
Look, any sensible person won’t care where you come from. People aren’t attracted to nationality or language, they are attracted to appearance, personality, charm, style etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending