The Student Room Group

Drastic change in parents income in comparison to last year?

Hello, I have a quick question.

When providing parent's income evidence etc I am aware it's for last tax year (naturally, as this one isn't over yet), however, our circumstances have changed drastically - my mum no longer works due to health problems and the overall income will be halved.

Based on calculations I used from one of the websites I won't even get enough to cover my accommodation and my parents are not in a position to help me out as only one of them is employed. I already started saving up and will have to work at Uni as well.

Obviously, my situation changed drastically in terms of income is there any chance SFE could consider this and pay me out more? I would be able to provide medical evidence etc but I'm not sure whether it's worth contacting SFE about this?
Original post by rnv
Hello, I have a quick question.

When providing parent's income evidence etc I am aware it's for last tax year (naturally, as this one isn't over yet), however, our circumstances have changed drastically - my mum no longer works due to health problems and the overall income will be halved.

Based on calculations I used from one of the websites I won't even get enough to cover my accommodation and my parents are not in a position to help me out as only one of them is employed. I already started saving up and will have to work at Uni as well.

Obviously, my situation changed drastically in terms of income is there any chance SFE could consider this and pay me out more? I would be able to provide medical evidence etc but I'm not sure whether it's worth contacting SFE about this?

Hi mv,

If your parent's income has dropped by 15%, then they can complete a current year income form.

CYI FORM - https://bit.ly/2HIx7GB

Thanks

Catherine
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi mv,

If your parent's income has dropped by 15%, then they can complete a current year income form.

CYI FORM - https://bit.ly/2HIx7GB

Thanks

Catherine

That's brilliant, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending