The Student Room Group

Not getting much female attention, means I’m ugly?

Normally if I am to talk to a female I am always the one to start the conversation. Iv seen people say this is due to looks online because they only talk to people they are attracted too. Also I only get complements from females very very rarely, like probably once a year if that. Are these signs i’m ugly and not getting that much female attention?

This is starting to depress me as I have a femaleness past too.
No it’s just that they aren’t interested in you 🕊 Don’t worry you’ll find girls that are interested. Just give it time 🌸 And you shouldn’t let something like this knock your confidence down 🎀
Reply 2
Original post by TheEnchantress
No it’s just that they aren’t interested in you 🕊 Don’t worry you’ll find girls that are interested. Just give it time 🌸 And you shouldn’t let something like this knock your confidence down 🎀

I have heard people say wait for the right person, but I genuinely don’t feel like this will happen for me. Plus you said they are not interested in me and that’s like every girl then....dam. I got a real mission on my hands here if I want to be able to find a GF
Original post by Anonymous
Normally if I am to talk to a female I am always the one to start the conversation. Iv seen people say this is due to looks online because they only talk to people they are attracted too. Also I only get complements from females very very rarely, like probably once a year if that. Are these signs i’m ugly and not getting that much female attention?

Alrighty, I've got a bit to say, so I'll keep this in seperate paragraphs:-

1 ) The online dating world is extremely superficial (more-so than in real life IMHO). Unless you've got the right looking profile pic, they'll quickly swipe you by. They've only really got your looks and what you've put on your profile to go on. In real life, at least things like your voice, and the general vibe about you contirbute to how "attractive" you are.

Even the average / medeocre girls can get hundreds of messages from horny guys tryng to have their wicked way with them... so if you're serious about online dating, it may be worth your while getting some photos professionally taken.

2 ) Do you put yourself in positions where girls can notice you? I mean do you go to social events (not just the bar / club) Do you go to evening classes where you can interact with the opposite sex? Even the likes of Justin Beiber or Harry Styles would struggle if they spent their entire existence in their bedrooms (alone before someone starts lol). If people don't know about your existence, how are they going to know if you're atttractive or not?

3 ) In the world of dating / seduction, it's very much the mans job to approach the woman and instigate conversation... it's the womans job to show signs of interest / availibilty. Therefore, if you are naturally a shy person, it is essensial for your own well being to tackle that issue as a matter of urgency. IMHO, shyness is most damaging to hetrosexual men.

4 ) Self-confidence is probably the most attractive quality a man (or woman for that matter) can exhube (it's one reason the so-called "bad-boys"* do so well with women). IMHO, it's even more important than good looks. If you feel you lack confidence, then I suggest you look to why that is (I mean there must be more to it than you only get 1-2 compliments a year(that's stll more than a lot of people get BTW)). Do you have many friends? How are your grades? Do you exercise regularly? etc.

*I'm not saying you should be a bad-boy, just using that to emphasise the power of self-confidence. Also confidence is not the same as arrogance.

5 ) There's a huge difference between being pretty / handsome and being attrative. IMHO, prettiness is to do with your innate features. There is something about you that "makes" you pretty (e.g. sparkly eyes, cheekbones, a nice smile etc.)... and the reverse can be said about being ugly (N.B. being ugly is NOT the same as being plain). Attractiveness, on the other hand, is more to do with how you present yourself (e.g. how you dress, choice of haircuts, how girls wear/ apply makeup your "swagger" etc.).

IMHO, you're either pretty or you're not. Only a fat wad of cash and a bloody good surgeon can make a difference...but just about anyone can make themselves attractive if they wanted to. Oh, and IMHO, anyone can double their sex-appeal by learning how to dance.

6 ) Don't worry about tha past. Unless you know a mad scientist who has a customised 80's sports car, there's nothing you can do to change the past. Instead, take a look at what opportunities are aronud you now and may be in the future and look to make the most of these.

7 ) There are sh!tloads of motivational quotes... Take your pic:-

You don't ask, you don't get

You miss 100 % of the shots you don't take

You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket

Fortune favours the bold

Who dares wins

I'm not saying everyone you approach will fall madly in love with you, but I'm sure you get the idea for now...but just remember this about the girls you approach:-

Some wont like you ... but others will like you.... and others will adore you.
(edited 5 years ago)
femaleness? lol what
Old Skool Freak's post should be stickied, as it applies to so many threads in this section of the forum.

The only thing I'd add is that the OP can post some photos and we'll tell him how attractive he looks in them and give him some advice on how to look cooler,

You could be ugly who knows but the thing is it's not all females who are looking for looks. Some of us just care about character and the rest is a bonus so don't beat yourself up about it ... There's probably a girl crushing on you right now but is too shy to speak up you never know now... maybe you've just been looking in all the wrong places
Reply 8
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Alrighty, I've got a bit to say, so I'll keep this in seperate paragraphs:-

1 ) The online dating world is extremely superficial (more-so than in real life IMHO). Unless you've got the right looking profile pic, they'll quickly swipe you by. They've only really got your looks and what you've put on your profile to go on. In real life, at least things like your voice, and the general vibe about you contirbute to how "attractive" you are.

Even the average / medeocre girls can get hundreds of messages from horny guys tryng to have their wicked way with them... so if you're serious about online dating, it may be worth your while getting some photos professionally taken.

2 ) Do you put yourself in positions where girls can notice you? I mean do you go to social events (not just the bar / club) Do you go to evening classes where you can interact with the opposite sex? Even the likes of Justin Beiber or Harry Styles would struggle if they spent their entire existence in their bedrooms (alone before someone starts lol). If people don't know about your existence, how are they going to know if you're atttractive or not?

3 ) In the world of dating / seduction, it's very much the mans job to approach the woman and instigate conversation... it's the womans job to show signs of interest / availibilty. Therefore, if you are naturally a shy person, it is essensial for your own well being to tackle that issue as a matter of urgency. IMHO, shyness is most damaging to hetrosexual men.

4 ) Self-confidence is probably the most attractive quality a man (or woman for that matter) can exhube (it's one reason the so-called "bad-boys"* do so well with women). IMHO, it's even more important than good looks. If you feel you lack confidence, then I suggest you look to why that is (I mean there must be more to it than you only get 1-2 compliments a year(that's stll more than a lot of people get BTW)). Do you have many friends? How are your grades? Do you exercise regularly? etc.

*I'm not saying you should be a bad-boy, just using that to emphasise the power of self-confidence. Also confidence is not the same as arrogance.

5 ) There's a huge difference between being pretty / handsome and being attrative. IMHO, prettiness is to do with your innate features. There is something about you that "makes" you pretty (e.g. sparkly eyes, cheekbones, a nice smile etc.)... and the reverse can be said about being ugly (N.B. being ugly is NOT the same as being plain). Attractiveness, on the other hand, is more to do with how you present yourself (e.g. how you dress, choice of haircuts, how girls wear/ apply makeup your "swagger" etc.).

IMHO, you're either pretty or you're not. Only a fat wad of cash and a bloody good surgeon can make a difference...but just about anyone can make themselves attractive if they wanted to. Oh, and IMHO, anyone can double their sex-appeal by learning how to dance.

6 ) Don't worry about tha past. Unless you know a mad scientist who has a customised 80's sports car, there's nothing you can do to change the past. Instead, take a look at what opportunities are aronud you now and may be in the future and look to make the most of these.

7 ) There are sh!tloads of motivational quotes... Take your pic:-

You don't ask, you don't get

You miss 100 % of the shots you don't take

You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket

Fortune favours the bold

Who dares wins

I'm not saying everyone you approach will fall madly in love with you, but I'm sure you get the idea for now...but just remember this about the girls you approach:-

Some wont like you ... but others will like you.... and others will adore you.

Thank you for taking your time to write that post as it was very helpful. It has given me some big take aways from the post which could be the reason I don’t get much female attention. Your post has now given me hope once again, thank you
Reply 9

that's not true its just not all girls r interested like that or in guys in general but are as friends..
don't take it personal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending