The Student Room Group

Urgent: change from Edinburgh to UCL after firming on UCAS?

Hi there everyone,

I have a problem. I firmed Edinburgh on ucas about 10 days ago. Even though I was leaning strongly towards UCL I still firmed Edinburgh because of finances, and rejected UCL.
However, ever since doing so I regret my decision. Officially rejecting UCL made me realize I would rather go there even if I have to pay more.
Is there anything I can do to change my firm? I know it is late and it was stupid of me not to think about it before firming, but I want to try and change the situation.
I read that it is possible to change the decision if you write to both universities and they both agree - has anyone been through this process? Any help is appreciated.
Original post by Lenakroos
Hi there everyone,

I have a problem. I firmed Edinburgh on ucas about 10 days ago. Even though I was leaning strongly towards UCL I still firmed Edinburgh because of finances, and rejected UCL.
However, ever since doing so I regret my decision. Officially rejecting UCL made me realize I would rather go there even if I have to pay more.
Is there anything I can do to change my firm? I know it is late and it was stupid of me not to think about it before firming, but I want to try and change the situation.
I read that it is possible to change the decision if you write to both universities and they both agree - has anyone been through this process? Any help is appreciated.

Within 14 days you can swap choices by calling ucas.

Outside that you need to call ucas and all universities concerned (firm, insurance and UCL - I would call UCL first). If they all agree and let ucas know they agree then ucas can swap your choices on Track.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending