The Student Room Group

Child care grant

Hi
My child care grant reduced from £11000 to £3000 because my husband start the job and recived £18000 per year , how can I apply more child care grant ?
Original post by Samira riaz
Hi
My child care grant reduced from £11000 to £3000 because my husband start the job and recived £18000 per year , how can I apply more child care grant ?

Hi Samira,

Childcare Grants are based on the Household Income and the students own circumstances.

We have no access to specific accounts on The Student Room but it is likely that your entitlement has changed due to the change of income.

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Hi Thanks for your reply , but do you think £18000 income has this effect on my child care ? It’s too much ! 😩 is there any chance to change their decision ?
Hi Thanks for your reply , but do you think £18000 income has this effect on my child care ? It’s too much ! 😩 is there any chance to change their decision ?

Hi Samira riaz,

The income will have an effect on the amount of grants and childcare that you are entitled to.

How many children do you have?

As we have no access to specific accounts on The Student Room, I would advise you to call us in order that we can look at the entitlement on,

Tel: 0300 100 0607
(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Rona
Reply 4
thanks for your reply
I have 3 childeren (14,5 ,2 years old ) and my husband income is £18000 before tax applied and I called the sfe but they said that it’s the maximum that they can give me ! I have lots of stress ! 😖
thanks for your reply
I have 3 childeren (14,5 ,2 years old ) and my husband income is £18000 before tax applied and I called the sfe but they said that it’s the maximum that they can give me ! I have lots of stress ! 😖

Hi Samira riaz,

The assessment will be correct. Two parents with two or more children, with an income between £9,628 and £28,344 with childcare added to the application, would only be entitled to partial grants.

Regards Rona
Reply 6
Hi
Thanks for your reply , can I ask you a question , do you mean the £28000 income after tax applied or befor tax applied ?
Many thanks
Hi
Thanks for your reply , can I ask you a question , do you mean the £28000 income after tax applied or befor tax applied ?
Many thanks

Hi Samira riaz,

We always look at income before deductions.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending