The Student Room Group

idk wht to do

Hi everyone, I was checking what I need to make the application for the tutition fees loan, and I found out that I need the UK National Insurance Number, which actually I have not since I'm from Italy, and I read also about a bank account..
Am I supposed to get a National Insurance Number and/or to open my own bank account or can I use my parents one? And if I have to open a new one, does it have to be an UK account or I can do it in my country? Is there somebody in the same situation?
Original post by leo1999rome
Hi everyone, I was checking what I need to make the application for the tutition fees loan, and I found out that I need the UK National Insurance Number, which actually I have not since I'm from Italy, and I read also about a bank account..
Am I supposed to get a National Insurance Number and/or to open my own bank account or can I use my parents one? And if I have to open a new one, does it have to be an UK account or I can do it in my country? Is there somebody in the same situation?

Hi Leo,

Are you applying as an EU student or a home student? What application are you completing?

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Leo,

Are you applying as an EU student or a home student? What application are you completing?

Thanks

Catherine

I am applying as an EU student, and I am completing the Application Form of Student Finance England.. have you got the same doubt?
I am applying as an EU student, and I am completing the Application Form of Student Finance England.. have you got the same doubt?

Hi Leo,

If you are completing an EU application we do not require a national insurance number.

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 4
Thank you Catherine!
Maybe you can help me once again. About the certified copy of my national document, in the UK the certification is accepted also by solicitors, which is not in Italy. Does SFE accept a copy certified by an italian solicitor?
Leonardo
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Leo,

If you are completing an EU application we do not require a national insurance number.

Thanks

Catherine
Thank you Catherine!
Maybe you can help me once again. About the certified copy of my national document, in the UK the certification is accepted also by solicitors, which is not in Italy. Does SFE accept a copy certified by an italian solicitor?
Leonardo

Hi Leonardo,

Yes you can be confident that an Italian solicitor can certify your documents which have been stamped, signed and dated as being a true copy of the original.

Thanks Rona
Reply 6
Thank you!!
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Leonardo,

Yes you can be confident that an Italian solicitor can certify your documents which have been stamped, signed and dated as being a true copy of the original.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending