The Student Room Group

Does a sandwich year count as part of the 4 years SFE support?

SFE only covers 4 years of study. I dropped out of my first uni 5 months in and now in my second year on a 3 year course + a placement year. I don't need loans for the placement year because there is no tuition fee charged by the uni and I don't need maintenance loans because I will get paid during my placement. My question is if I take a sandwich year will I have to pay for 3rd year entirely out of my own pocket (Since this will be 4 years) or does the sandwich year not count as part of the 4 year financial support? (even though I am not taking loans for the sandwich year)
Original post by ProfessorSnape
SFE only covers 4 years of study. I dropped out of my first uni 5 months in and now in my second year on a 3 year course + a placement year. I don't need loans for the placement year because there is no tuition fee charged by the uni and I don't need maintenance loans because I will get paid during my placement. My question is if I take a sandwich year will I have to pay for 3rd year entirely out of my own pocket (Since this will be 4 years) or does the sandwich year not count as part of the 4 year financial support? (even though I am not taking loans for the sandwich year)

Hi,

It is not specifically 4 years we fund for students. We have a calculation when working out students entitlement for funding.

Duration of new course + an additional year - any previous study = student's entitlement.

Your calculation would be 4 + 1 - 1 = 4 years meaning you would be eligible for 4 years of support from us.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Erin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending