The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
EmilyJayne01
No, I only ment the loser stoners who waste there lives doing nothing but smoking weed and sniffing whatever they can.

Why do you presume you would have become one of these losers if you just tried it? I mean if you don't want to become those people you don't have to... Because they don't have a strong mind we all have to suffer the risk of imprisonment.
Elipsis
Why do you presume you would have become one of these losers if you just tried it? I mean if you don't want to become those people you don't have to... Because they don't have a strong mind we all have to suffer the risk of imprisonment.

I dont presume your a loser stoner if youve only tryed it... as i said in my previous message, its the people who waste their lives smoking and sniffing whatever they can. If you had tryed it but then decided against having a life of addiction then good for you.
EmilyJayne01
No, I only ment the loser stoners who waste there lives doing nothing but smoking weed and sniffing whatever they can.

That last bit made me laugh, I know what you mean obviously but it keeps reading as if they go around sniffing literally everything in the world.

Oh man I'm so high I NEED TO SNIFF THIS LAMPOST! :biggrin:
tis_me_lord
That last bit made me laugh, I know what you mean obviously but it keeps reading as if they go around sniffing literally everything in the world.

Oh man I'm so high I NEED TO SNIFF THIS LAMPOST! :biggrin:

lol :p: you new what i ment... but yer, reading it back it does sound rather funny
Reply 144
Who the hell believes that people do drugs to be 'cool'? I think we're past that stage as a society. People do drugs because they want to, because they enjoy it. For the same reason people binge drink or eat. Get over it already.

Just finished watching this. Two things that suprise me...

Firstly, how mild the dangers of LSD were portrayed. In my opinion there is no way that LSD is safer than cannabis, tobacco, alcohol and many others higher up in the list. Maybe I was wrong though.

Secondly cocaine and crack cocaine are so different that they shouldn't be under the same number in the list. Take tea out as number 20 because thats just pointless and push everything back a place - so you can fit the powder form cocaine in as a much higher number.

Crack deserved to be number two at least (in my opinion it's worse than heroin but theres little in it) but the powder form which you snort is much much lower risk than they implied. It'd probably end up around 8 or 9 instead of number 2.
Reply 146
tis_me_lord
Just finished watching this. Two things that suprise me...

Firstly, how mild the dangers of LSD were portrayed. In my opinion there is no way that LSD is safer than cannabis, tobacco, alcohol and many others higher up in the list. Maybe I was wrong though.

Cannabis, tobacco and alcohol are all addictive to some degree. Alcohol and smoking kill hundreds (if not more) every year. LSD is neither addictive nor dangerous in the physical sense. I've had LSD a few times and I must say that it's effects are a lot less extreme than legend would suggest (in 'normal' doses, anyway). You're not going to die from taking it and people don't go around throwing themselves out of windows. Bad trips can be pretty horrible though, but if you take the right precautions, they're usually avoidable (and of course don't do long-term damage).
Milk
Cannabis, tobacco and alcohol are all addictive to some degree. Alcohol and smoking kill hundreds (if not more) every year. LSD is neither addictive nor dangerous in the physical sense. I've had LSD a few times and I must say that it's effects are a lot less extreme than legend would suggest (in 'normal' doses, anyway). You're not going to die from taking it and people don't go around throwing themselves out of windows. Bad trips can be pretty horrible though, but if you take the right precautions, they're usually avoidable (and of course don't do long-term damage).

Well then, maybe it's worth a try. How do you prevent bad trips? Is it just about taking it only if you're feeling good?

Come to think of it, the list missed out magic mushrooms entirely? That's the only illegal drug I've done besides cannabis (and yes I did it in Amsterdam, so I'm not a criminal, ha!) So hallucinations do interest me. Maybe in combination with watching alice in wonderland, could be interesting.
Reply 148
tis_me_lord
Well then, maybe it's worth a try. How do you prevent bad trips? Is it just about taking it only if you're feeling good?

Come to think of it, the list missed out magic mushrooms entirely? That's the only illegal drug I've done besides cannabis (and yes I did it in Amsterdam, so I'm not a criminal, ha!) So hallucinations do interest me. Maybe in combination with watching alice in wonderland, could be interesting.

It's pretty much like mushrooms, really, except it's less of a mind-**** (again, in regular doses). Like mushrooms, make sure you do it when you're in a positive mindset and in an environment where you feel safe. Doing it at a festival is amazing, too (as long as it's not too crowded), as well as in the countryside :smile:

And they missed out mushrooms because they're lower than 20 on the list :smile:
Milk
It's pretty much like mushrooms, really, except it's less of a mind-**** (again, in regular doses). Like mushrooms, make sure you do it when you're in a positive mindset and in an environment where you feel safe. Doing it at a festival is amazing, too (as long as it's not too crowded), as well as in the countryside :smile:

And they missed out mushrooms because they're lower than 20 on the list :smile:

Lower than tea? I find that hard to believe, when I did mushrooms there was definitely a stronger physical reaction than when I drink caffeine. Albeit not the reaction the media would tell us - I didn't hallucinate actually. Just felt stoned.
Reply 150
Ah I didn't know tea was on the list! I guess they just didn't mention shrooms because their effects are pretty similar to LSD.
Reply 151
It never occurred to me that they missed out shrooms.. good point. And they are not without risk at all. Maybe because the title was 'Most dangerous Drugs in Britain?'
Reply 152
Dissey
It never occurred to me that they missed out shrooms.. good point. And they are not without risk at all. Maybe because the title was 'Most dangerous Drugs in Britain?'

Nothing is without risk, shrooms are pretty safe in the grand scheme of things. Plus they grow naturally in Britain anyway and are bountiful in the Autumn (roll on September :cool: )
Reply 153
Milk
Nothing is without risk, shrooms are pretty safe in the grand scheme of things. Plus they grow naturally in Britain anyway and are bountiful in the Autumn (roll on September :cool: )

is it true they grow in cow ****?
Reply 154
Dissey
is it true they grow in cow ****?

No. Not Liberty Caps, anyway (the type that grow in Britain and Ireland). But they do grow in fields with cattle grazing as their poop helps fertilise the soil
I've never done it, but most people i know have/do.

There are health risks, but from experience smoking "lesser" drugs can lead on to more severe one's. My uncle started smoking weed "every once in a while" and now he's a heroin addict.
You're all such idiots for taking the risk of later psychosis, if I could do anything I'd take it back.
I hate it, thats my opinion though, I just find drugs in general so horrible. Im the only one in my flat who doesn't do it and I am made to feel like a lesser person for not taking any form of drugs, let alone smoking. Thats what I find so ridiculous, the people who do it seem consider themselves 'cooler' for it, and I just find them all so boring and all they talk about is drugs and smoking. Obviously this is not the case of everyone who takes drugs, but im sure in my case they all weren't as bad before they came to university, found others who did it, and then it sort of becomes more routine and i know they smoke/do drugs more here than they would at home.
Reply 158
tis_me_lord

You should try 2CB if you want a good trip, nice visuals and it's really difficult to have a bad trip because it enhances your mood to a certain degree.
often people who smoke weed regularly move on to harder drugs, or at least have fewer inhibitions about harder drugs.

i spent a lot of january smoking weed, but it affected me more than i realised, leading to me failing one of my jan exams.

i've stopped, or rather stopped smoking it all the time, but i'd smoke it a little bit socially?

probably the majority of stoners i know have or will at least try harder drugs.
this is kinda the main risk i guess.

Latest

Trending

Trending