The Student Room Group

Women and walking down the aisle

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Relic
I am asking why women choose to do this and I asked why this still exists. You just told me I can't have an opinion.

You have. You said your boyfriends sisters are housewives and you wish to sit at home and bake all day. Whatever enjoy studying (don't really see the point anyway if your goal is just to sit at home)

Again, I never said you can't have an opinion. I responded to your opinion with my opinion.

And no, I have never said that. One of his sisters runs her own business from home (beforehand yes was a housewife), the other is a housewife (used to be a teacher) and also helps run the business.

I would love for you to find a quote where I've said "I want to sit at home and bake all day" - seriously I would. If you have enough time to post as if you know me inside out, you have the time to find a quote of me stating that, seeing as you know me so well. You actually physically can't sit at home whilst baking all day. If you actually knew what you were talking about (which you don't because you don't know me), you would know I want to have my own bakery, which I can tell you is not being sat at home.

Again, stop putting words in my mouth.
Original post by Oruese
So......someone leading means he is suddenly devoid of loving and protecting his wife? Or the woman allowing the husband to lead means she's suddenly timid and frail. Are you even trying to critically reason here?

The husband doesn't need to lead so stop acting like a marriage is a business agreement. Its supposed to be full of sincere love and happiness.

Have fun preaching the bible.
Raising your family isn't a job. It should be done out of love and BOTH partners are supposed to look after the children. Independence isn't just for men its supposed to be for all.

Again use your brain, because the man is leading doesn't mean he's removed from his wife and children, he very much has a role to fill and an active one at that.

Again stop demeaning women who choose to do so, its hypocritical to do so, in many ways they have a lot more fufilled life than some career chasing man-wo who finds out she can't have kids by age 40 and can't find a decent guy either
Original post by Oruese
Again use your brain, because the man is leading doesn't mean he's removed from his wife and children, he very much has a role to fill and an active one at that.

Again stop demeaning women who choose to do so, its hypocritical to do so, in many ways they have a lot more fufilled life than some career chasing man-wo who finds out she can't have kids by age 40 and can't find a decent guy either

Aw are you hurt your female co worker was promoted and you weren't? :frown:
The husband doesn't need to lead so stop acting like a marriage is a business agreement. Its supposed to be full of sincere love and happiness.

Have fun preaching the bible.

What would you know about love and happiness in a marriage anyways? Your feminist tribe is divorce 101.

Anyways done trading words, i wouldn't even want to see where your "values" take you, hopefully you dump this caustic nonsense for your own sake
Original post by Oruese
What would you know about love and happiness in a marriage anyways? Your feminist tribe is divorce 101.

Anyways done trading words, i wouldn't even want to see where your "values" take you, hopefully you dump this caustic nonsense for your own sake

Your definition of love and happiness in a marriage is a submissive wife who stays at home all day looking after the children.

have a good day :smile:
Original post by DrawTheLine
Again, I never said you can't have an opinion. I responded to your opinion with my opinion.

And no, I have never said that. One of his sisters runs her own business from home (beforehand yes was a housewife), the other is a housewife (used to be a teacher) and also helps run the business.

I would love for you to find a quote where I've said "I want to sit at home and bake all day" - seriously I would. If you have enough time to post as if you know me inside out, you have the time to find a quote of me stating that, seeing as you know me so well. You actually physically can't sit at home whilst baking all day. If you actually knew what you were talking about (which you don't because you don't know me), you would know I want to have my own bakery, which I can tell you is not being sat at home.

Again, stop putting words in my mouth.

I kind of do, especially when the kids are young. It would be easier for me to be childcare than having to rely on grandparents or someone else to care for them. If my partner earns enough to support us, then I think I'd be happy at home. My aim is to have my own bakery, and that will probably start from home in my kitchen, so it makes sense for me to be at home. Tbh I'm a bit of a control freak too so I can see myself having one way to do everything with kids and becomes anxious if some other person does something a different way.

I don't think it's bad to be a housewife. My partner's sisters are. One has her own Etsy shop she runs from home, with their other sister helping her a bit. It means it can be easier to have a cleaner home and be more organised.

Then maybe when the kids are in school or old enough to be home alone a job can come into it. But hopefully my bakery can be successful so I can just bake tasty things all day.

:smile:
Your definition of love and happiness in a marriage is a submissive wife who stays at home all day looking after the children.

have a good day :smile:

He said that? :hmmm:
His ideal marriage is one which involves a man who leads and hes insulted women who are feminists (literally women who believe in equality) and career women.

I kind of do, especially when the kids are young. It would be easier for me to be childcare than having to rely on grandparents or someone else to care for them. If my partner earns enough to support us, then I think I'd be happy at home. My aim is to have my own bakery, and that will probably start from home in my kitchen, so it makes sense for me to be at home. Tbh I'm a bit of a control freak too so I can see myself having one way to do everything with kids and becomes anxious if some other person does something a different way.

I don't think it's bad to be a housewife. My partner's sisters are. One has her own Etsy shop she runs from home, with their other sister helping her a bit. It means it can be easier to have a cleaner home and be more organised.

Then maybe when the kids are in school or old enough to be home alone a job can come into it. But hopefully my bakery can be successful so I can just bake tasty things all day.

:smile:

Exactly so where's the part I said I want to sit at home and bake all day? And where's the part I said I don't want to work and have my partner provide for me?

Because to me it looks like I've said I want to have my own successful business which starts off baking and therefore working at home and then moving into an actual bakery.

Unless you can find a quote where I've said I want to sit at home and bake all day and live off my partner's money you really have to stop putting words in my mouth.
@The Relic sorry the app didn't quote you in my reply, see above
Original post by Oruese
Sexist how? in the family a man should lead, its meant to provide order and structure. That doesn't mean she is "beneath" him it means she's submissive to his authority, it isn't a bloody circus, where anything goes

Are you debating whether there's sexism in a wedding or within the bible?
It's not that deep
Chill.....
If you don't like it then don't do it
I personally would like to do that because it feels special and stuff.
My dad said he feels like a proud father when he walks down the aisle.
Its just tradition.

It depends on the way you interpret it.
Btw i am also a feminist
Original post by DrawTheLine
Exactly so where's the part I said I want to sit at home and bake all day? And where's the part I said I don't want to work and have my partner provide for me?

Because to me it looks like I've said I want to have my own successful business which starts off baking and therefore working at home and then moving into an actual bakery.

Unless you can find a quote where I've said I want to sit at home and bake all day and live off my partner's money you really have to stop putting words in my mouth.

You want to become a housewife. This involves staying at home all day, cooking and cleaning which you will obviously do. I never insulted you in any way.

You literally said "if my partner has enough to support us" what do you think this means?

I wonder what your response would be if your partner said he wants to become a househusband.
So where do yoy stand on the walking down the aisle? Walk with father/stepfather, walk alone...?
Walk alone or with your lover :smile:
Walk alone or with your lover :smile:

I'm surprised walk alone is an option for you
Why?

Walking down the aisle is pointless anyway.
You want to become a housewife. This involves staying at home all day, cooking and cleaning which you will obviously do. I never insulted you in any way.

You literally said "if my partner has enough to support us" what do you think this means?

I wonder what your response would be if your partner said he wants to become a househusband.

I said I wanted to have my own bakery, which involves starting from home - that is not "sitting at home and baking all day". I know you haven't insulted me but you're putting words into my mouth.

If my partner has enough money to support us... whilst starting my business.

If he wanted to become a house husband and I had enough income to maintain the house then I would say cool, do it.
I've never known something more sexist than when your father or brother walks you down the aisle. Its absolutely disgusting. Clearly you think they own you and have power over you.

And when your father gives you away its an exchange of power and your husband now controls you.

I just don't understand women. Is it that difficult to walk down the aisle yourself to meet the love of your love? Most weddings are just a show. Its supposed to be about you and your lover.

you've never known anything more sexist than this? Really? If you want to talk about sexism, talk about real problems. Smh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending