The Student Room Group

Girlfriend going to Magaluf with her friend and a few of her family members

Hi

I could really use some advice... so my girlfriend is going to Magaluf with her friend of two years who is engaged and is bringing along some fanily members. I’ve been told that it’s just a chilled out holiday and not a “party” or “sesh” by her. I’m really worried as she has ADHD,PBD,anxiety and depression and i’m scared in case they go to the strip and something happens and she’s too drunk to realise. I asked her to facetime me every night before she went to bed but retracted it and letting her do her own thing. I’ve heard the stories and it being called “shagaluf” and know that the place isn’t as notorious as it used to be. I do trust her from what little information she has given me and the holiday was planned out well before we got together. But I just can’t shake the feeling that she’s gonna go and someone is gonna take advantage of her...or worse!. I know there will be people in the comments section who will say “Aww yeah she’s deffo gonna get it” and stuff like that...but I really do need some help not worry :frown: I have massive anxiety myself and she’s the best thing to happen to me since we got together. I’ve said to her to just do her own thing and enjoy herself, as I don’t wanna come across as something bad. I really really just need some advice on what it’s actually like... I need to know if some lad will try it on with anyone to get his leg over...snd how likely or often this stuff happens when there. Please... :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I could really use some advice... so my girlfriend is going to Magaluf with her friend of two years who is engaged and is bringing along some fanily members. I’ve been told that it’s just a chilled out holiday and not a “party” or “sesh” by her. I’m really worried as she has ADHD,PBD,anxiety and depression and i’m scared in case they go to the strip and something happens and she’s too drunk to realise. I asked her to facetime me every night before she went to bed but retracted it and letting her do her own thing. I’ve heard the stories and it being called “shagaluf” and know that the place isn’t as notorious as it used to be. I do trust her from what little information she has given me and the holiday was planned out well before we got together. But I just can’t shake the feeling that she’s gonna go and someone is gonna take advantage of her...or worse!. I know there will be people in the comments section who will say “Aww yeah she’s deffo gonna get it” and stuff like that...but I really do need some help not worry :frown: I have massive anxiety myself and she’s the best thing to happen to me since we got together. I’ve said to her to just do her own thing and enjoy herself, as I don’t wanna come across as something bad. I really really just need some advice on what it’s actually like... I need to know if some lad will try it on with anyone to get his leg over...snd how likely or often this stuff happens when there. Please... :frown:

You've got to trust her, that's what a relationship is all about. Perhaps you could ask her to Facetime you when she's not on holiday. Maybe not every day as she could be busy but on some days. To take your mind off things, you could perhaps hang out with your friends or watch a movie.
Aww yeah she’s deffo gonna get it
Strange destination for a chilled out holiday.

These places are a bad idea for people in relationships and it's irrelevant if you trust her.

That's my stance on it.
Reply 4
Thank you so much to you all

Unfortunately...she’s ended it but due to a different reason... She feels she’s not ready for a relationship and tha i’ve lumbered her with my issues on top of her existing ones...

I am insecure! I know that, but it’s only because I care because I’ve heard the stories...

Maybe’s it was never gonna work out...who knows...i’ve just got to move on with my life and try to avoid thinking of her with other men... it’s gonna be hard...but I have good people around me :smile:

Thank you
Anon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending