The Student Room Group

My period cramps are making me cry

I’ve only had my period for a year now but I find that my cramps get so bad I cry! I’ve been sent home from school many times as the teachers think I’m gseriously ill as I go really pale and light headed during my period. Sometimes I wake up in the mornings just feeling like I can’t even move to get ready for school. I don’t like having days of cause of my period cause it’s not really spreading anything to anyone but some days I just need a day off you know? My mum never lets me and she geraniums extremely angry when she has to pick me up from school due to the cramps. I’ve never really told her how bad they are as whenever I tell her I’m in pain or I’m ill she thinks I’m lying so I don’t bother. Anyway I don’t know how to make the pains stop it’s stressing me out and I’m worried since school is in a few days. Someone help!!
omgggg my periods are much worse than yours and seriously what saved my life? Birth control. I went from vomitting and rolling on the floor cos of the intense pain to not feeling a single thing. I didnt even realise my period came. GET IT!!! It saves lives
Reply 2
See a doctor honestly - bad period pains are super common and easy to fix if you’re willing to go on the pill. Be honest with your Mum, if you’re crying then it’s clear that you’re in pain! For some short term relief, I recommend a hot water bottle or those adhesive heat patches to stick under your clothes so you can be warm whilst moving and LOTS of paracetamol/ibuprofen, take it every 4 hours (obviously no more than the maximum dose) get well soon!
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah I use lots of paracetamol and heat pads and hot water bottles I find they almost numb the pain. I think I will tell my mum and hopefully she can listen and get me some stronger medication from a doctor? Thanks for the help :smile:)))
Oh my god I had no idea some people could be sick?? Now I feel like I’m just whining... what a good idea I’ll see if I can give it a go I’m kinda lazy though and will probably forget to take it but if it will save my life I’m up for it!!! Thanksssss :smile:))
Moved to Health
Speak to your doctor about it. If you are irregular could be PCOS. In terms of birth control yes it can work but it isn't a magic bullet as seems to be being suggested on this thread. Has side effects and the same pills don't work for everyone in the same way, is trial and error to find the one that works for you often.
Original post by CoolCavy
Moved to Health
Speak to your doctor about it. If you are irregular could be PCOS. In terms of birth control yes it can work but it isn't a magic bullet as seems to be being suggested on this thread. Has side effects and the same pills don't work for everyone in the same way, is trial and error to find the one that works for you often.

Ok thank you very much
Original post by Eleanoraexplora
I’ve only had my period for a year now but I find that my cramps get so bad I cry! I’ve been sent home from school many times as the teachers think I’m gseriously ill as I go really pale and light headed during my period. Sometimes I wake up in the mornings just feeling like I can’t even move to get ready for school. I don’t like having days of cause of my period cause it’s not really spreading anything to anyone but some days I just need a day off you know? My mum never lets me and she geraniums extremely angry when she has to pick me up from school due to the cramps. I’ve never really told her how bad they are as whenever I tell her I’m in pain or I’m ill she thinks I’m lying so I don’t bother. Anyway I don’t know how to make the pains stop it’s stressing me out and I’m worried since school is in a few days. Someone help!!

Definitely see your GP about it :smile: There are conditions like endometriosis that can cause periods to be extremely painful, or you might just be one of the unlucky ones! Your mum might have gone through it too when she was younger, so talking to her about it might help her to understand too - especially if you do it while you're not on your period so she doesn't think you're just trying to get the day off school! There are different painkillers as well that doctors can prescribe that are more effective with period pains. There's loads of stuff to look into, and it really starts with your GP. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest