The Student Room Group

Clearing success stories!

During exam time I know some students (like myself) are concerned with not getting their required grades, and some may be so concerned as to feel their life will be over if they have to go to a university via clearing. So, does anybody have any success stories? As in you missed your grades, weren't accepted into your top choice but are still succeeding and loving life at another uni?
I personally feel better when I hear stories about this, so please share! Or share any stories about people you know! Or if you even went on to do a foundation year, please share! :smile:
Original post by dartagnankillian
During exam time I know some students (like myself) are concerned with not getting their required grades, and some may be so concerned as to feel their life will be over if they have to go to a university via clearing. So, does anybody have any success stories? As in you missed your grades, weren't accepted into your top choice but are still succeeding and loving life at another uni?
I personally feel better when I hear stories about this, so please share! Or share any stories about people you know! Or if you even went on to do a foundation year, please share! :smile:

I read a few last year and will try and find them.

My advice is if you have your heart set on a course or uni and your grades dont do you justice then do not hesitate to retake the year. You only usually do undergrad once and you will owe the money for 30 years.

Clearing these days isn't just for those with poor grades. There are many more courses and unis who have clearing spots available. Most unis except the elites and medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending