The Student Room Group

Finished Year one of University......

...what now?

Do i study over the summer, since i have access to last years modules, which likely will have only slight variations (and obviously know what im taking...) or do i just take the summer off...?

Suggestions?

I know some of you have a wealth of experience...open to all suggestions and holistic viewpoints.

Scroll to see replies

.......why would a real state tycoon bother with university...i barely earn 40k a year.

So should i study ahead? Wwyd?
Hahaha, you pretending to be a man of the people?
Original post by Realitysreflexx

So should i study ahead? Wwyd?

Would just relax, myself. Especially for business which doesn't exactly require all that much knowledge anyway.

Focus on getting into Goldman Sachs in the summer, or whatever it is you donkeys do.
Original post by Notoriety
Hahaha, you pretending to be a man of the people?

I try to make a legitimate post here....

Lmao...tons of support on TSR.
I would just go to Thailand and **** some *****es.
I just dont want to get too lazy, maybe 8-10 hours of work a week...i feel like its a good mix, obviously i wont be working and internships for first years arent really a thing.
I would just go to Thailand and **** some *****es.

Im doing next year in malaysia...so as soon as i get my visa back, ill fly over...and probably do thailand before term. So a bit of working now would be better.
If you got the opportunity, take it man. Outside the EAW, so I am fine.
Im doing next year in malaysia...so as soon as i get my visa back, ill fly over...and probably do thailand before term. So a bit of working now would be better.

The important bit of that was the asterisked part. What you reckon?
There werent any to create...the only possibility was the Nottingham internship scheme...none of which was applicable to my degree tbh. I wasnt in the mood for doing something non relevant.
The important bit of that was the asterisked part. What you reckon?

Thats definitely happening lol. Dont worry.
Thats definitely happening lol. Dont worry.

...what now?

Do i study over the summer, since i have access to last years modules, which likely will have only slight variations (and obviously know what im taking...) or do i just take the summer off...?

Suggestions?

I know some of you have a wealth of experience...open to all suggestions and holistic viewpoints.

you should be doing work experience.
Reply 15
I;d get pissed for the summer. In fact, I am. And I have a thesis to finish!
Original post by gjd800
I;d get pissed for the summer. In fact, I am. And I have a thesis to finish!

Lol your a legend m8.
Original post by CollectiveSoul
you should be doing work experience.

Im going on a year abroad, i will do work experience second year and after third year prior to my master.
If you don’t have anything going on in the summer and rather spend it studying and taking classes then take your summer classes Hunny. I rather study and be smart then be a loser and do nothing with my life.

Good Luck 👍🏻
Original post by Ariana ox
If you don’t have anything going on in the summer and rather spend it studying and taking classes then take your summer classes Hunny. I rather study and be smart then be a loser and do nothing with my life.

Good Luck 👍🏻

Theres no "summer school"....at University lol. But yeah i think i will read ahead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending