The Student Room Group

Why are some people so good at everything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
The new head boy of my school looks like greek god, is f***ing awesome at sports and is so good at his studies even without trying. Its so annoying, last year he skipped a lot of classes and still never got in trouble.

His family is so rich and both his parents are out of the country for a majority of time, so he was so much freedom to throw parties and anything. He even drives a f*cking sports car to school. I can hardly afford insurance for my Nissan Micra.

Worst of all, he is dating, the girl i had crush on from primary school.

Life is not fair, I hate it. I can't wait until school starts to get him back

Original post by DrawTheLine
Get him back for what exactly? What has he personally done to you?

Tbf if he’s getting away with things that are against school rules you can hardly blame OP for feeling bitter about it.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Tbf if he’s getting away with things that are against school rules you can hardly blame OP for feeling bitter about it.

at least someone agrees with me. It is against the school rules and its my duty to get him in trouble
Original post by Little Popcorns

The OP is saying he wants to "get back" at this guy, implying the guy has personally done something to the OP to harm him. I'm curious about what this is. It seems like he hasn't done anything to the OP at all.
Perception is everything.

Someone told me they thought I was perfect* ( straight A* GCSEs, good figure, medium attention from guys and middle class background. apparently v confident ) But its all a complete act and I struggle everyday.
That doesn't mean i don't have a riot with my friends and love some parts of my life but there will always be a struggle especially when ur this age.

Human nature always finds a flaw in the perfect ( you don't see his ) and he has spent a long time in his own skin so he will know his own faults / aspects he doesn't like 100%

* disclaimer some ppl have seen my life as a mess too
Troll
Reply 45
I like how the OP is fully ignoring the people asking what did the guy do personally to him and is only replying to the person who apparently ''understands'' him lolol
Perfection is an Illusion - DO YOU. 🤷🏻*♂️
Original post by DrawTheLine
The OP is saying he wants to "get back" at this guy, implying the guy has personally done something to the OP to harm him. I'm curious about what this is. It seems like he hasn't done anything to the OP at all.

The OP is bitter. Allow him that the guy is a complete show off by the sounds of things.
at least someone agrees with me. It is against the school rules and its my duty to get him in trouble

Yeah just tell a teacher but confidentially
life is tough, if your really mad then just intervene and stop being bitter and jealous. Start something, like infiltrating through his social group/life etc be a fake friend and gain his trust etc etc. A negative person can be successful, all u need is the will and courage to do something. If you wanna make a bad image of him then so be it, make the video look like hes distributing tobacco etc... u can achieve everything he has, but u just need to work hard, one way or another.... u might become a psychopathic tho but thats the road to a high life
Work harder, and you'll probably do better than him

Ah, but would you shop him if he were a close friend of yours? I wonder if your sense of "duty" might rather evaporate in that case.

IMHO the one thing about this case that does seem unfair is that the school made him head boy despite the smoking thing (which we have to assume the authorities simply don't know yet). In fact I'm a bit surprised he's HB if he's that academically bright - schools usually pick someone rather average in that respect.

That bit about the GF who was a crush at primary school really made me chuckle. Isn't age 10 a bit young to be having crushes? And that was 7 years ago, why should OP care now? Still got feelings? And it's not a crime for the guy to be friendly with the girl?

Other aspects look fishy too. If the parents are that rich, why isn't he at some posh boarding school instead of a comp? Or maybe home tutored on their private yacht etc. Also, parents working abroad for long periods to maintain the family is actually usually a feature of poverty not wealth - why do they feel the need to absent themselves so much?

On balance, if the flash car + parties are "preferable" to parental closeness that just suggests he's on bad terms with them, and if so that's going to be a bitter pill for him in their old age, e.g. when he has children and the grandparents feel left out, etc.

Not to mention that the whole idiotic thing about caring what kind of car you drive is about to be obliterated as driverless cars take over and virtually no individual is going to "own" a car anymore than a bus, train or plane.

A lot of the OP reminds me of Gore Vidal's witticism - "It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail." OP should bethink himself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending