The Student Room Group

Boyfriend and freshers week

We have been together for 2 years and we are both super happy.

We are going to different universities but they are only like 30 min train apart and i am so nervous he is going to cheat on me during freshers.

How likely is it that people cheat during freshers? i am getting so so paranoid and the thing is i have never had any issues of thinking that he will cheat on me he has gone out loads and i have never worried but now becuse he will be in a new city and idk im just freaking out
idk what the likelyhood of him cheating is.
hope that helps 😁
If you're in a committed relationship with someone, you shouldn't cheat at any time. It being fresher's doesn't change a thing.
You should be able to see him going off to uni and enjoying himself without worrying that he's going to cheat. If that thought is in your head then you don't trust him and quite frankly once you have those thoughts your relationship is doomed anyway.
Reply 3
Cheating doesn't have to occur during freshers week.

There's nothing you can do but to trust him. The minute you freak out and start controlling his life, the more your fears will end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Clearly you're not so 'super happy' if you're insanely worried and cannot trust your boyfriend of 2 years.

Relationship without trust wont last.

What is your reasoning behind those worries? Low self-esteem? Trust issues? He did something to lose your trust?

Don't freak out and just trust him. Whatever happens, happens.
Original post by Anonymous

We are going to different universities but they are only like 30 min train apart and i am so nervous he is going to cheat on me during freshers.

How likely is it that people cheat during freshers? i am getting so so paranoid and the thing is i have never had any issues of thinking that he will cheat on me he has gone out loads and i have never worried but now becuse he will be in a new city and idk im just freaking out

If you have a strong and loving relationship, there shouldn't be any issue of him cheating on you. This could be a sign of a lack of trust or insecurity on your part. Or perhaps this is the first time you will be living away from him, so this is what is making you worry?
Reply 6
I like how you put "super happy" and "he might cheat on me" almost in the same sentence.

There's clearly other issues in your relationship if you're so paranoid about this, are you projecting maybe because you're secretly worried that you will cheat on him during freshers? Also freshers really isn't the sex fest everyone makes it out to be.
Why do you think he will cheat?

Perhaps you are putting your own plans for Freshers onto him???

O beware, my lord, of jealousy; it is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meet it feeds on...
There's no way you're super happy if you have those worries.

Hey, I have a boyfriend who isn't going to uni, but I am going to uni this year ... we're actually going to be in different countries. I know that I'm not going to cheat, and I'm sure your boyfriend won't cheat either ... just because it's freshers week doesn't mean all rules go out the window.

Don't worry and just enjoy yourself :smile: x
But maybe you should talk to your bf and express your concerns x
If you trust that he wouldn't cheat normally, then you should trust he wouldn't cheat at Freshers - yes, he'll be in a new city, but that doesn't change anything about your relationship, nor about his commitment to you.
You have to trust him. That's it. If he hasn't given you any reason to doubt your trust then just have faith.Freshers week is a lot of fun, it doesn't mean you want to **** all of the new people. You'll both be hanging out with new people and experiencing different things. You need to calm down and trust him. If you're this jealous already then you're not off to a great start. You need think through your insecurities and figure out why you're feeling this way.

I'm been long-distance with my boyfriend for 4 years. We've been at different unis 4 hours away from each other and I've just graduated. Trust is key otherwise your relationship won't work. You've gotta get used to having different lives.

Why don't you trust him?
Yeah hold on love just let me get my divining gear out. *shakes 8-ball*

My sources say no.
You really shouldn't be mistrusting him like this.
Only if he can't pass any other way.
Why do all girls do this, suspect that their boyfriend is going to cheat only because they're the ones most likely cheating. I guarantee you're the one most likely to cheat, if you're suspecting him its only because you want to do it as well, and if he does it lowers the burden of you breaking the trust. You're only asking this question because you want to cheat. Best thing is to leave him and not break his heart, don't be the victim of your own wrong doing and blame it on him only assuming because he is cheating and I want to be equal, otherwise if you can't trust him leave him.

Latest

Trending

Trending