The Student Room Group

How do you first bring up sex?

Some people feel very comfortable talking about intercourse, and others are far more nervous.

If you're in your first serious relationship sometimes it can be a bit awkward to bring up the topic of sex for the first time.

How did you bring up the topic for the first time?

Was it you or your partner who brought it up?

Any advice for others not sure of how to broach the topic?

Personally I think honesty is key. Be clear with your partner about what you want and make sure the conversation is mature. If you're old enough to be having sex then you should be mature enough to talk about it properly. Having complete transparency with your expectations of one another also helps with consent.
(edited 5 years ago)
I feel like I'm quite an open person, so I will talk about sex with friends for example. I find it quite easy to have a frank discussion about sex, but I completely understand that it isn't the case for everyone and the first time you bring it up can be a little nervous. If you feel like you might be ready to have sex with someone then it's the right thing to do to talk about boundaries, expectations, protection etc. It's a really important part of a new relationship, in my opinion, because you want to be on the same page when it does come to having sex. It's not necessarily a discussion you want to have when you get down to business and realise you both had different expectations!
I just said to her im feeling horny and she went with it.

My advice would be: be straight up but if she says no then **** off
Yeah but it needs to be spontaneous too.

Nothing worese that kills the mood more than about a bullet point plan about when/where/how you wanna sh*g.
My girlfriend is often the first to bring it up. Even though she doesn't like talking about it. :s-smilie: So she doesn't want to say certain words out loud and it's quite annoying to try and work out what she means.:grumble:
Reply 5
I'd low-key be like wanna make a baby 😘
What month due you wanna be due 😂
Let's xxxx this date and that's that.
Holiday planned and baby out 9 months later.

Obviously that's not always the case.
Drop a condom if your male🤭
And have birth control pills in your bag if your a girl 🤭
(edited 5 years ago)
"Want sum fuk" has worked wonders, trust me.
Just being honest and open with each other. Tell each other what you want or don't. It's okay to say no as well. Just because you have sex once with someone doesn't mean you have to do it again with them!
“Now that we’re together why don’t I open your door lock with my key and see where this leads?”
nah man sex is overrated

you gotta love spaghetti more
sex is overrated anyway want to really have some fun? Study moral and situational ethics. Really therapeutic
Original post by OGGUS
I'd low-key be like wanna make a baby 😘
What month due you wanna be due 😂
Let's xxxx this date and that's that.
Holiday planned and baby out 9 months later.

Obviously that's not always the case.
Drop a condom if your male🤭
And have birth control pills in your bag if your a girl 🤭

You can’t just take a birth control pill every time you want to have sex- it’s more complicated than that. Birth control pills have to be taken as a course and have many negative side effects.
Reply 12
Original post by jennyh14
You can’t just take a birth control pill every time you want to have sex- it’s more complicated than that. Birth control pills have to be taken as a course and have many negative side effects.

Well obviously but you can show them to the person you wanna spend intimate time with :colone:
To show them you won't get pregnant if something goes wrong
My first time? I was taken to an empty loo, he unzipped, and asked me to blow him.

I don't remember it that well since it's a decade plus ago.
Straight foward, I just asked when we were both sure about our long term relationship
Original post by The Champion.m4a
My first time? I was taken to an empty loo, he unzipped, and asked me to blow him.

I don't remember it that well since it's a decade plus ago.

Romance isn’t dead then I see :rolleyes:
Original post by SofaChillReview
Romance isn’t dead then I see :rolleyes:

S/he was giving a blowjob not a ****ing dinner for 2 in Paris.
Original post by TheTroll73
nah man sex is overrated

you gotta love spaghetti more

Yes agreed! X

Quick Reply

Latest