The Student Room Group

Personal statement line limit and paragraphing

I have a slight issue with my statement. It is broken down into six paragraphs and under the character limit but 4 lines over the line limit. It seems a bit like 3 large blocks of text when I pushed some paragraphs together. Thanks for any help.
Original post by OscarCarr
I have a slight issue with my statement. It is broken down into six paragraphs and under the character limit but 4 lines over the line limit. It seems a bit like 3 large blocks of text when I pushed some paragraphs together. Thanks for any help.

You need to find a way to remove superfluous content and cut down the number of lines.

Any "furthermore", "in addition to this" filler can go. Any "studying maths A level have increased by numeracy, English has improved my communication" paragraph can go.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You need to find a way to remove superfluous content and cut down the number of lines.

Any "furthermore", "in addition to this" filler can go. Any "studying maths A level have increased by numeracy, English has improved my communication" paragraph can go.

I have already done quite alot of that so I'm not sure if there is a lot more that I can cut out like that. Do you think only have 3 paragraphs for 645 words is okay?
I have already done quite alot of that so I'm not sure if there is a lot more that I can cut out like that. Do you think only have 3 paragraphs for 645 words is okay?

generally with such few paragraphs it becomes more like blocks of text so no. cut down some words

Pick a sentence. Reread it missing out the first word. If it still makes sense cut out that word. If it doesn’t try taking out another word. Repeat until you’ve trimmed that sentence right down. Then pick another sentence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending