The Student Room Group

Can you help?

Has anyone done a NVQ level 2 and BTEC level 2 in pharmacy after A levels?

Not sure whether it is the write thing to do as its a lower qualification?
Original post by Heidi5112

What's your reason for wanting to do it and what have you done in the past? :smile:

Is there an option to do a level 3 in pharmacy instead of level 2. And could you just go straight and do the btec rather than do a-levels first.
Reply 3
Original post by Emma:-)
Is there an option to do a level 3 in pharmacy instead of level 2. And could you just go straight and do the btec rather than do a-levels first.

I have asked to be able to do a level 3 but I only have the option to do a level 2 in pharmacy and I have already completed my A levels which one of my subjects was in Applied Science.
Reply 4
Original post by brainzistheword
What's your reason for wanting to do it and what have you done in the past? :smile:

To be honest I don't really have a reason it's the only thing I have been offered to do and wasn't given time or a choice on whether or not I wanted to do it. In the past I have done my A levels one in Applied Science and the other in Music as well as working part time at the swimming pool so I don't have any experience in pharmacy but a lot of others that I know that have been in a similar situation have been offered level 3's and 4's.
To be honest I don't really have a reason it's the only thing I have been offered to do and wasn't given time or a choice on whether or not I wanted to do it. In the past I have done my A levels one in Applied Science and the other in Music as well as working part time at the swimming pool so I don't have any experience in pharmacy but a lot of others that I know that have been in a similar situation have been offered level 3's and 4's.

Just to check: do you have two A levels, one in Applied Science and one in Music? And what grades did you get in them. Now, it's been suggested to you to do a Level 2 BTEC/NVQ in pharmacy?
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
Just to check: do you have two A levels, one in Applied Science and one in Music? And what grades did you get in them. Now, it's been suggested to you to do a Level 2 BTEC/NVQ in pharmacy?

Yes I do, I got 2 A*'s in my subjects. It's an Apprenticeship I have been offered but I think it's just going to be tedious because of the level of it and my kind of lack of interest a pharmacy as a career.
Yes I do, I got 2 A*'s in my subjects. It's an Apprenticeship I have been offered but I think it's just going to be tedious because of the level of it and my kind of lack of interest a pharmacy as a career.

I think you've just made your decision right there, don't you? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Reality Check
I think you've just made your decision right there, don't you? :smile:

Apparently so!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending