The Student Room Group

In love with best friend

I (M14) am in love with my best friend (F14) she knows that I like her and she knows that she is my 'soul crush' (1 person you never stop liking no matter what happens) but she is in love with her 'soul crush' and they are talking and they are getting serious. But he is really horrible and ignorant. He takes things further in their relationship and then asks to be friends for a while and he blanks her, me and her other best friend keep trying to tell her that he isn't worth it but she doesn't listen. It is really hurting me seeing them get closer and closer to bein in a relationship. Please give me advice on how to no be so bothered by this

Thanks
I am sorry to hear about this. I am a 34 y/o man with many experiences regarding women and relationships. Please hear me out. I am going to give you a HEALTHY truth that will save you YEARS of agony.
Drop her. Ignore her. It will only get worse. She will continue these trends for years to come. Adolescence brings out the best and worst in people. You will see your peers start to divide themselves into winners and losers. She will become a loser. You can not convince her to chamge or do anything or force her to love you.
Sad times await you my brudda.

I was in your position few years ago except she liked me back. In your case, it's either you give up or keep on doing what feels right to you.
You HAVE to instead ignore her and FOCUS on yourself. You HAVE to become great at something. Find a passion and practice EVERYDAY. Beautiful women choose their partners based off of their competence, composure, and confidence.
And for the lov eof GOD...whatever you do...DO NOT take advice from women about this. They will tell younto stand by her. Don't. Her 'bad boy' will receive all of her love and return none. She will USE YOU to receive that attention and affection while still staying with him.
This is not a new trend. This is just how these kinds of relationships work. There are millions of examples regarding this exact scenario. It IS NOT NEW. It IS NOT SPECIAL. Trust the human condition and discipline yourself. Ignore her. Love yourself. Spend the next ten years being AWESOME.
If you focus on yourself, you can spend the rest of your life hapoy, wealthy, and surrounded by beautiful women who want you.

If you focus on her, you wil be 24, dotong, nowhere in life, STILL without her, and alone.

Do not sacrifice your future because of a foolish infatuation.

Again, I know this seems odd but I have travelled the world and lived a lot of life. I have shaken hands with thousands of people and learned their stories.

You are on a path to failure. Let her go, young man. You will feel just fine in time.

I wish you the best. These posts will get hate but ignore it. Or don't. It is your life. But as an experienced man I want to tell you the truth. Take it how you will but I hope you avoid the fate of all weak men in the trap. Please be calm, focused, and carry on with strength.
Are you implying that I am feeling emotional and out of control?
If so, why? Is that how you view others instinctively?
I asked a question. You seem to operate on condescension and plausible deniability.
I see. You aren't being constructive. Just inflammatory. So long as you're having fun.

I came to give a young man some perspective. Did you want to participate in that as well?
Original post by Anonymous
I (M14) am in love with my best friend (F14) she knows that I like her and she knows that she is my 'soul crush' (1 person you never stop liking no matter what happens) but she is in love with her 'soul crush' and they are talking and they are getting serious. But he is really horrible and ignorant. He takes things further in their relationship and then asks to be friends for a while and he blanks her, me and her other best friend keep trying to tell her that he isn't worth it but she doesn't listen. It is really hurting me seeing them get closer and closer to bein in a relationship. Please give me advice on how to no be so bothered by this

Thanks

You just think she’s your “soul crush” you’ll grow up to realise there’s a multitude of people out there who you may be interested in.

It might feel like the end-all-be-all now, but it will not matter in the slightest in a few years time.
Original post by nine0ball
I see. You aren't being constructive. Just inflammatory. So long as you're having fun.

I came to give a young man some perspective. Did you want to participate in that as well?

Basically she is saying that the 5 posts you made could have been breifer and could aslo have been in one post...
How do you know you'll love her for the rest of your life?

How is the other boy ignorant?
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending