The Student Room Group

Why do cute girls say they're ugly??

We were discussing self-esteem in a seminar and at least 2 girls, maybe more, said that they were insecure about their looks and that they spent a stupid amount of time getting ready etc.

Both of them however are very hot and I wanted to say something when they went on about how they envy women who're attractive, etc, etc cuz I was like "you're the ultimate babe are u ****ing kidding me?" I didn't ofc, I didn't want to be seen as a creep.

And it is a pattern I also noticed on here and with a few of my female friends.

Guys are rarely like this. I know I am not like that, I am not full of myself but I know I am not ugly. Women on the other hand imagine that they're ''fat'', ''ugly'', etc and I am not one of those people who thinks everyone is great looking but very often these women are the opposite of what they're saying they are.

So I am wondering... do so many women really have such low self-esteem??
Reply 1
1) being attractive doesn't automatically mean they're immune to having negative thoughts about appearance. Some people genuinely do have low self-esteem regardless of what they look like.

2) they're fishing for compliments

it's usually one of the two
if they say they're ugly they know someone will come to them all like "aww no babes Ur beautiful"

basically just seeking attention
people who genuinely are displeased with their appearance won't even mention it at all to avoid thinking about it
Have you ever heard of the term, ugly duckling syndrome? Some people were insulted or were criticized about their look in high school or middle school years that they eventually believe them selves that they are ugly. They would always view themselves as ugly even until after they become pretty (after high school or middle school etc.) and that when people call them beautiful they would always defend and say they are fat or not pretty enough.

Plus, everyone have a day where they have low self-esteem or not feel good about themselves. So probably, they think they don't look good.
exactly...

I mean somtimes you reach a certain point where you are fed up of complimentling someone.That theres this girl in our school whom abused this and seeked so much attention that when she did not recieve any more comliments,She was in a depression like state became more insecure sad and you could see it in her face.How does a women get herself to a state like that why would you hurt your own feelings.Her nickname is excuse me for the language "attention ho#".
And also there is this girl i really like who always put herself down and says she will never get married,and thats really her only flaw.Its like she
YOU ARE A PACKAGE THAT HAS ALL SORTS OF GOOD THINGS IN IT BUT YOU PUT A WHOLE IN THE PACKAGE AND FORGET ALL THE GOOD THAT EVERYBODY SEES ABOUT YOU.
sorry im a second language boy please accept my idiom and take it into heart.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending