The Student Room Group

Residential category in UCAS application

Hey, just wanted to ask because I'm not entirely clear given my situation on what I should enter as my residential category in my UCAS application. I've lived in the UK for the past 12 years, but I am not officially a "UK citizen". I don't have a UK citizenship nor passport. However, answering the help questions on the UCAS page tells me that I fit into that category. I believe I am in the EU national (non-UK citizen) category, but I thought I'd ask just in case anyone's had this come up before.

Cheers!
Simon
Reply 1
Original post by Derpyyy
Hey, just wanted to ask because I'm not entirely clear given my situation on what I should enter as my residential category in my UCAS application. I've lived in the UK for the past 12 years, but I am not officially a "UK citizen". I don't have a UK citizenship nor passport. However, answering the help questions on the UCAS page tells me that I fit into that category. I believe I am in the EU national (non-UK citizen) category, but I thought I'd ask just in case anyone's had this come up before.

Cheers!
Simon

If that’s what it says on the UCAS help page, that’s the option you should put down. If you’re still unsure, talk to your school maybe?
Original post by Derpyyy

Cheers!
Simon

Hi Simon,

had the same situation, lived here for 10 years and not a uk citizen and have a foreign passport. I would put yourself down as settled not EU national.

You can call UKCISA which is what I did and they confirmed I am settled. I don't think you should ask your school as they aren't always informed of these things, my school was trying to put me down as an international student because "brexit". Call UKCISA. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending