The Student Room Group

Repayment letter on second year of uni

I have recently started getting letters from student finance that I'm about to start repaying the tuition fee loan from April 2019. The point is that I'm still doing my second year and I'm about to graduate in 2020. I'm also considering doing a year-long industrial placement so I'll eventually graduate in 2021. I have changed my course once after finishing the foundation year (from a 4-year long degree with an integrated foundation year to a 3-year long degree and I also notified the SFE about the change). Why did I get such letters and should I be worried about them?
Reply 1
Original post by Krawczyk2
I have recently started getting letters from student finance that I'm about to start repaying the tuition fee loan from April 2019. The point is that I'm still doing my second year and I'm about to graduate in 2020. I'm also considering doing a year-long industrial placement so I'll eventually graduate in 2021. I have changed my course once after finishing the foundation year (from a 4-year long degree with an integrated foundation year to a 3-year long degree and I also notified the SFE about the change). Why did I get such letters and should I be worried about them?

Did you reapply for the loan for this academic year?
Reply 2
(Original post by Doonesbury)Did you reapply for the loan for this academic year?

Original post by Doonesbury
Did you reapply for the loan for this academic year?

Yeah, I got a letter from SFE asking me if I want to continue getting the finance for my second year (I'm an EU student) and I agreed. I got the finance for this year. I just don't understand why I'm told that I'm about to start repaying the loan while I still got one year to go
Reply 3
(Original post by Doonesbury)Did you reapply for the loan for this academic year?

Yeah, I got a letter from SFE asking me if I want to continue getting the finance for my second year (I'm an EU student) and I agreed. I got the finance for this year. I just don't understand why I'm told that I'm about to start repaying the loan while I still got one year to go

Hmm... probably worth giving them a call.

Hi,

As previously mentioned, I would advise giving us a call and we can check your application for you to find out why this is happening.

0300 100 0607 - Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm.

Thanks, Rebecca.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending