The Student Room Group

Being the left out person in the friend group always

I’ve been friends with this group of people for a couple years now but they’re all grouping off. So there’s two people going off and another two- normally I’d go with one of the two but they’ve started going off too. Now they’re both going out making very separate plans behind my back when I had asked them to come out not even a day before the posts of them all having fun (at the same place I suggested we all go). I honestly can’t tell if they’re doing this to hurt me because I’m not even normally jealous I just feel unwanted in that group but when I ask them they act all nice then do it again. Any advice?
Original post by Goatshoop
I’ve been friends with this group of people for a couple years now but they’re all grouping off. So there’s two people going off and another two- normally I’d go with one of the two but they’ve started going off too. Now they’re both going out making very separate plans behind my back when I had asked them to come out not even a day before the posts of them all having fun (at the same place I suggested we all go). I honestly can’t tell if they’re doing this to hurt me because I’m not even normally jealous I just feel unwanted in that group but when I ask them they act all nice then do it again. Any advice?

They are coupled up? Wouldnt you be best finding a new group? They dont seem like real friends.

Youve already asked them and they're still doing this.

Find some new friends, you dont need any drama with them at all and you should still stay in touch, but some new people in your life are needed.
Tbh... I say ditch them as hard as it is . They seem inconsiderate and may think that you won’t feel anything if they were hanging out. They also seem toxic if they’re having to hide going out from you... I say cut them off 😬
Reply 4
I think you’re probably right, they’ve done this way too much.
this happened to me in secondary school (yr 7,8,9).

I just left them and went and became my own friend. friends are pointless, all you need is yourself and a computer 👍
Original post by Leviathan1611
this happened to me in secondary school (yr 7,8,9).

I just left them and went and became my own friend. friends are pointless, all you need is yourself and a computer 👍

Well if youre happy then who can disagree?
But I'd say life without friends is very lonley for anyone.
Original post by Zürich
Well if youre happy then who can disagree?
But I'd say life without friends is very lonley for anyone.

you should try it, it's quite liberating.

Well what you tell yourself and what is true might be different. Youve had bad experiences with friends and might well prefer no friends, but what about nice friends? Youve probably just been unlucky.
Reply 9

Kinda want to try it, it would help focus on exams ngl but idk
Kinda want to try it, it would help focus on exams ngl but idk

Well you can do both actually. No man is an island and everyone needs people who matter in your life, for emotional support as much as anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending