The Student Room Group

Hey I got an interview from Cardiff uni what does that mean ?

Did I get an offer ???
Reply 1
Bump
An interview is not an offer, as you might guess from the different spellings. If you attend you might get an offer though.
Reply 3
Lol Am I gonna get an offer if I do well in my interview
Original post by yemenia16
Lol Am I gonna get an offer if I do well in my interview

You have every chance. You should be optimistic.
Typically, an interview being requested/offered, means that the University thinks that (on paper), you appear intellectually capable of pursuing their Course to which you've applied.

Now they want to meet with you F2F, to check out your general attitude and that you're not a Nutbag... ;-)

Many Universities provide guidance on their website (possibly on the Subject pages, to which you've applied) - around what prep may be needed and/or what to expect at Interview - so, best track it down and read it.

A
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Mr Aitch
Typically, an interview being requested/offered, means that the University thinks that (on paper), you appear intellectually capable of pursuing their Course to which you've applied.

Now they want to meet with you F2F, to check out your general attitude and that you're not a Nutbag... ;-)

Many Universities provide guidance on their website (possibly on the Subject pages, to which you've applied) - around what prep may be needed and/or what to expect at Interview - so, best track it down and read it.

A

Thank you xxx
Original post by Good bloke
An interview is not an offer, as you might guess from the different spellings. If you attend you might get an offer though.

looool I love this response :biggrin:
If you get a job interview does that mean you've got the job?
An interview is not an offer, it just shows that they're interested in you and that they think you're capable of doing the course.
I received an interview from York but i was already given an offer, they were just giving me a chance to receive a lower offer.
An interview invite sometimes may mean an offer. Some universities invite those who they plan on giving an offer to interview and if they do well, reduce their offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending