The Student Room Group

Advice for Geography

Does anyone know any good exam techniques or acronyms that help you get higher marks because in the describe/explanation/evaluate questions I get marks for what identify but I never get full marks. So if anyone has any please share.
you need to ensure you're secure in your knowledge of all the processes and diagrams so you can talk about them in enough detail. flashcards were the best for me when learning them. get familiar with your stats and case studies too:yep:
exam questions were definitely the most effective revision method for me though as it got me to improve my exam technique and see any weak areas that i needed to work on. do lots of practice questions, especially the longer mark ones.
Original post by Lala143
Does anyone know any good exam techniques or acronyms that help you get higher marks because in the describe/explanation/evaluate questions I get marks for what identify but I never get full marks. So if anyone has any please share.

I need advice too oml, I'm only good at 12 mark questions and answering questions cause I waffle but I don't know how to read a map. Currently at a grade seven, but we're moving to map techniques n I'm dun out ere lmao
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
I need advice too oml, I'm only good at 12 mark questions and answering questions cause I waffle but I don't know how to read a map. Currently at a grade seven, but we're moving to map techniques n I'm dun out ere lmao

is there any way you can practice the map techniques? my teacher gave us a booklet of those type of qs for practice- try talking to your teacher for any resources.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
is there any way you can practice the map techniques? my teacher gave us a booklet of those type of qs for practice- try talking to your teacher for any resources.

Thank you, I really appreciated that, I think I was just so ready to give up completely lool but thnks
Thank you, I really appreciated that, I think I was just so ready to give up completely lool but thnks

no problem, they're not as hard as you think and i don't think they make up a huge amount of your papers!
and a 7's a really good grade at this point:yep:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
no problem, they're not as hard as you think and i don't think they make up a huge amount of your papers!
and a 7's a really good grade at this point:yep:

I'm in year ten, so not in actual GCSEs yet but thnks, will past papers help improve my geography
I'm in year ten, so not in actual GCSEs yet but thnks, will past papers help improve my geography

definitely, especially under timed conditions:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending