The Student Room Group

My dad and my brother

Hi I don’t know of this is the right section cos it said family but it said relationship too so I’m sorry if it’s not but I’m 10 and everyday I’m really scared. My family is weird because my mum left us to go back to her country so now I live with my twin brother my big brother and my dad. But my big brother has got bipolar disorder and sometimes it can be scary. But the problem is my dad is really nice to my twin brother because he likes him a lot. But my big brother sometimes goes a little crazy cos he’s bipolar. And my dad is really mean to him. He hits him and hurts him so bad that he cries. Not long ago he pressed his arm hard into the carpet so his arm broke. Once my dad threw a glass cup at my brother and it shattered on his jaw and glass went in his eye and now he can’t see much in that eye. And sometimes my dad will call my brother mean names like the f word that is that bad word for calling someone gay and he often hits him and punches him so hard that he can’t walk. I can’t stand up for my big brother because then I’d get hit too. But I don’t like seeing my big brother so broken. He also tried to commit suicide before cos he didn’t want to be here and my dad told me and my twin brother it’s because he hates us and doesn’t want to be with us anymore.

What should I do because everyone scared he’s gonna beat my brother up until he died please help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please someone help
My dude, if this is real please talk to your school about it, they'll have the power to help you, the internet cannot. What's going on seems quite scary and I'm sure the school will put you and your safety first.
Call Childline on 0800 1111. It's free, and they will be able to help you, I promise.
If he’s don’t try try defend himself maybe it’s for good reason lmfao
Original post by THIRSTQuenched

How could you say something like that? You absolutely disgusting excuse for a human being.
Reply 6
Original post by Blood_Orange
My dude, if this is real please talk to your school about it, they'll have the power to help you, the internet cannot. What's going on seems quite scary and I'm sure the school will put you and your safety first.

when I ask my brother to he says he won’t do it cos he’s scared what will happen if it goes wrong or if he’d do something to me and my other brother instead but he won’t tell anyone
Reply 7
Original post by CrazyConnor
Call Childline on 0800 1111. It's free, and they will be able to help you, I promise.

Idk what to say to them though because both my brothers and my dad said I’m not to tell no one
Reply 8

no he takes it so that my dad isnt mean to me or my the other brother
How could you say something like that? You absolutely disgusting excuse for a human being.

Come on, you really think this was real? If this was happening to some little kid, you really think a ten year old’s first reaction would be to come here?
Original post by Anonymous
Idk what to say to them though because both my brothers and my dad said I’m not to tell no one

Tell them what you've told us. Your brother is being hurt, and you need to help him out.
Original post by Anonymous
no he takes it so that my dad isnt mean to me or my the other brother

Then he’s pretty dumb, if this so called problem actually exists
Come on, you really think this was real? If this was happening to some little kid, you really think a ten year old’s first reaction would be to come here?

I don't know. It could be fake, but I'd rather not take the chance.
Tell them what you've told us. Your brother is being hurt, and you need to help him out.

❤️
(edited 5 years ago)

Okay thank you will do cos it’s been happening for many years see
I don't know. It could be fake, but I'd rather not take the chance.

Yikes the people on here are gullible. If you were 10 and you knew you’re brother was in pain, would you come HERE for advice?
Yikes the people on here are gullible. If you were 10 and you knew you’re brother was in pain, would you come HERE for advice?

Perhaps not, but the mind of every child doesn’t work the same way for them all. Instincts are different from person to person

Probably not, but then everyone's different. What do you want me to say? "haha, nobody's falling for that you silly troll!" to someone who is potentially in danger, and scared?
Sweetie, even in this site there will be willing members that are happy to talk to you on your feelings
Probably not, but then everyone's different. What do you want me to say? "haha, nobody's falling for that you silly troll!" to someone who is potentially in danger, and scared?

To a situation that obviously isn’t likely to happen in the slightest that is probably fabricated for attention

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending