The Student Room Group

Brown discharge after fingering and unprotected sex?

My boyfriend and I were in the mood to have sex for the first time (both of us being virgin beforehand) however he didnt have a condom so we decided that he can “put it in and out” two or three times. He said there wasnt any pre-*** or anything and so I wasnt worried. After he left I decided to finger myself to “stretch it” out more as it hurt when he placed his penis inside me. I have/Ive been fingered before therefore I assume my hymen has already been stretched but when i fingered myself after he left, i was bleeding again. The morning after I tried to finger myself again and this brown substance (probably discharge) was on my fingers. Im not sure what this means as i looked online and it says that brown discharge could be a sign of pregnancy. My period is supposed to come in 7 days therefore when we “had sex” there was a low risk of me getting pregnant but I’m really not sure and very worried.
Reply 1
Try not too worry as the brown discharge is most likely vaginal fluids mixing with dried blood from the previous day
Reply 2
The brown discharge is likely dried blood.

Just keep calm and look out for your period, if it's late then take a test :smile:
While there was low risk I would consider going on some form of contraception as that is not a reliable method, you can't know for sure when a guy has pre and pulling out is risky X
Original post by Ajevevls
My boyfriend and I were in the mood to have sex for the first time (both of us being virgin beforehand) however he didnt have a condom so we decided that he can “put it in and out” two or three times. He said there wasnt any pre-*** or anything and so I wasnt worried. After he left I decided to finger myself to “stretch it” out more as it hurt when he placed his penis inside me. I have/Ive been fingered before therefore I assume my hymen has already been stretched but when i fingered myself after he left, i was bleeding again. The morning after I tried to finger myself again and this brown substance (probably discharge) was on my fingers. Im not sure what this means as i looked online and it says that brown discharge could be a sign of pregnancy. My period is supposed to come in 7 days therefore when we “had sex” there was a low risk of me getting pregnant but I’m really not sure and very worried.

Hi

I hope you're ok. Sounds like you're really worried. I hope my answer can clear a few things up for you.

If you and your boyfriend have decided you're ready to have sex, it's definitely time to get some condoms and use them every time you have penetrative sex. Even if you are each other's first sex partners, it's a really good habit to form. Here's a guide to help you use condoms. You can also use a handy tool from the NHS to find the nearest place to access free condoms.

It's worth looking into other types of contraception to use alongside condoms, as they are not 100% reliable (but they are still pretty ace!). We have a side-by-side guide on our website, which will help you get an idea of what is out there. Some rely on you remembering to take or use something, and some you can fit and forget, but ultimately you should speak with a health professional to find the best option for you.

If penetrative sex is painful, it's really important to take things slow and use lots of lube (water and silicone based ones are compatible with condoms). It's also important to spend a lot of time on foreplay, rather than going straight to penetrative sex, as this will make things less painful. It's much better to build things up slowly rather than be in pain.

I'm not a health professional so I don't want to advise you directly on this however I can speak generally. Many people with uteruses may experience brown discharge after fingering from little tears on the hymen or in the vagina, which mixes with normal discharge. If you are worried, please seek medical advice.

Depending on when you and your boyfriend had sex, there might be time to have the copper IUD inserted as emergency contraception. You can do this up to five days after unprotected sex. Generally speaking, it is highly unlikely someone can become pregnant from precum, but not entirely impossible.

You can take a pregnancy test from the first day of a missed period, or after 21 days from the unprotected sex. There's more info here.

I'm sorry you're in a stressful situation, I hope this has helped. Please look into and use contraception so you aren't as worried next time!

Daisy
Reply 4
Thank you so much, I’m trying to not to worry as much and just wait and see if my period does come or not-hopefully it does. As with other forms of contraception, I’m not quite sure it’d be ideal or possible for me to take any pills or have anything implanted as I’m only 16 therefore the judgment would probably be too much to bare. Similarly, there’s always the family side to it-not something I could or would like to tell my mother about just yet. However, if there is a next time anytime soon, we will definitely use condoms. Thank you so much for the advice.
Reply 5
Original post by LGH 1995
Try not too worry as the brown discharge is most likely vaginal fluids mixing with dried blood from the previous day

Thank you, this does make sense
Reply 6
Original post by Elektra06
The brown discharge is likely dried blood.

Just keep calm and look out for your period, if it's late then take a test :smile:
While there was low risk I would consider going on some form of contraception as that is not a reliable method, you can't know for sure when a guy has pre and pulling out is risky X

Thank you so much. We will definitely try and be more prepared next time x

Quick Reply

Latest