The Student Room Group

How has bullying gone so far?

I see a lot of threads here with people saying they’ve been bullied or are currently being bullied, I expect them to be in secondary school or sixth form which is often the case, but I also see this, something that really shocks me, people bing bullied at Uni and especially in the work place, it’s astonshing, here I’m thinking bullying has an age limit, couldn’t be more wrong, I honestly believe many people don’t realise this, and to top it off there is little done to battle bullying, just a silly excuse for schools to say they do there part with these useless ‘Anti-Bullying Weeks’, utterly ridiculous how little is done to combat bullying of all sorts, it’s just so sad that humanity has stooped so low to the point where the victim has no one to seek help from.
Its maybe because they have a lots of hate in them its maybe because of their home state they maybe are getting abused or other
things that are happening at home that they have so much anger and they get it out of other people.
Original post by Beth xxx
Its maybe because they have a lots of hate in them its maybe because of their home state they maybe are getting abused or other
things that are happening at home that they have so much anger and they get it out of other people.

That’s one reason why, but my beef isn’t with why bullies bully, that reason is well known, insecurity, self hatred, self loathing, inner turmoil etc, it’s with why they’re not dealt with adequately.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by TheNamesBond.
That’s one reason why, but my beef isn’t with why bullies bully, that reason is well known, insecurity, self hatred, self loathing, inner turmoil etc, it’s with why they’re not dealt with adequately.

I don't know why maybe to get it out? I don't really know tbh
Reply 4
Work is worse than school for bully-boy tactics, especially from your boss. Need to be wary of it and be prepared to either cause a stink through proper channels, or wait for them outside and give them a hiding.
It definitely doesn't have an age limit. I work with a 56 year old (supposedly) grown ass man, who enjoys bullying colleagues and trying to get them sacked, moved department or to quit. He's gotten at least 4 managers to quit while I've been working with him, and he brags about doing it in previous jobs, too.

Certain people are just destined to be c*nts their entire lives.
Original post by Jackaleksandr
It definitely doesn't have an age limit. I work with a 56 year old (supposedly) grown ass man, who enjoys bullying colleagues and trying to get them sacked, moved department or to quit. He's gotten at least 4 managers to quit while I've been working with him, and he brags about doing it in previous jobs, too.

Certain people are just destined to be c*nts their entire lives.

Ridiculous.
I know this probably isn't a popular opinion but I think schools should focus on teaching kids how to overcome bullies before focusing on preventing bullying from happening. Bullying happens when there is a difference in power between people which is inevitable wherever you go.

There are lots of places like universities and workplaces where there are policies and things like that to punish bullying (like annual reviews by the employer) but there are more situations where no such consequences exist i.e. your boss can do whatever he/she wants (within the law of course). I feel like it's more important to learn how to diffuse bullies, or at the very least learn to survive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending