The Student Room Group

Is it ok to date a guy 16 years older than me I am 18 he is 34

I met this guy at my work he works in a different department and we got talking at work drinks and hit it off he wants to take me on a date. I’m 18 he is 34. I know my parents will freak I don’t know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Say no? Not that difficult.
No.
Original post by sophienelder
I met this guy at my work he works in a different department and we got talking at work drinks and hit it off he wants to take me on a date. I’m 18 he is 34. I know my parents will freak I don’t know what to do.

Yeah no, it just seems like he's hitting on you because your young and he's gotten to 34 without much success in relationships and is starting to worry. Unless you actually like him, but be wary. Think of it as a multiple-night-stand. Just say no, you don't see him too often anyway.
Reply 4
i met this guy at my work he works in a different department and we got talking at work drinks and hit it off he wants to take me on a date. I’m 18 he is 34. I know my parents will freak i don’t know what to do.

no gurl no
Nein
Reply 6

you're both legal adults so do what you want i guess
Ridiculous advice given here. Don't listen to these fools above. Age can be just a number, things can happen between 2 people from different age groups. If you think he can be your partner, try it out. Do not let age just be the key deciding factor here. Just my 2 cents.
Yes.
So long as you are both single, consulting adults.
Personally I'm not keen on dating friends, flatmates or coworkers- risk creating a very unpleasant atmosphere when the fun ends.
daddy issues? or is he just really that good looking??

a 34 year old doesn't deserve an 18 year old. so unless you are planning on dating him for his money, i would say no don't go there. hes just going to corrupt you
If there’s grass on the pitch, play ball.
No it’s not ok your just a kid pretty much
He’s only using you for sex
Reply 13
when he was 18 you were 2 ... weird af. Definite no! lol
Older men hitting up on younger girls shows he is quite inexperienced, and possibly would like to catch up what he wasn’t able to get in his younger years.
Original post by Zaynnn
when he was 18 you were 2 ... weird af. Definite no! lol

lol 😂😂
what is the world coming to

he's a nonce
I know perfectly happily married couples with an age difference less than this. It prolly won't work out but the same could be said of any relationship.
are you a virgin
Does he know you’re 18? And if so, I would be questioning his intentions. It’s very possible that he’s just interested because he wants to have sex with you? So be careful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending