The Student Room Group

Car insurance

I’m 17 and I will need to get car insurance soon. I can only pay car insurance monthly (£150), not annually (about £1500). No one in my family drives and they might have a bad credit score so I can’t put them on the insurance, can I?What can I do? I can’t wait till I’m 18.
Reply 1
The insurance will depend on what car you’re going to drive, your address, where the car will be at night, when you will be driving, if you have a black box etc. etc. You will need to get quotes as they will vary a lot. You can only add people who drive.
Reply 2
Original post by BBx2
The insurance will depend on what car you’re going to drive, your address, where the car will be at night, when you will be driving, if you have a black box etc. etc. You will need to get quotes as they will vary a lot. You can only add people who drive.

I know about all this, it’s just the fact that I can’t add anyone who can drive. Is there anyway I can pay monthly as a 17 without credit score etc ???
Reply 3
Most insurances allow monthly direct debit payments, but it costs more. Not sure how credit score would affect it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by BBx2
Most insurances allow monthly direct debit payments, but it costs more. Not sure how credit score would affect it.

I want to pay monthly, but can i aged 17 on my own? I think I have to be 18

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending